Newsgroups: comp.lang.dylan

Subject: Seeking XML'ers
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:04:49 GMT
If in your day job, say, you do programming involving XML, I would be
very interested in talking to you about what you do.  Ditto if you
could put us in touch with somebody in an IT department of a company
who is doing XML stuff (programming, not authoring or rendering).  We
are interested in getting a better handle on the applicability of
Dylan to IT issues in general and XML in particular.  We are also
interested in talking to potential corporate beta-testers for an XML
platform based on Dylan.

Gail Zacharias
gz -at- functionalobjects.com
Functional Objects, Inc.

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:46:52 GMT
 Did fun-o finished the xml modul?
I did finish the XML stuff with help from Chris Double.
I'll see what the "distribution state" is.

Quote:
> I thought that fun-o will offer a xml modul.
> Does anyone know whether it already exist.

> At the moment the buzzword "WebService" is used often.
> Xml is required to handle webservice. Does Dylan offer
> any support to this.

> Thanks

> Peter Robisch
> Germany

> Newsgroups: comp.lang.dylan

> Subject: Seeking XML'ers
> Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:04:49 GMT
> If in your day job, say, you do programming involving XML, I would be
> very interested in talking to you about what you do.  Ditto if you
> could put us in touch with somebody in an IT department of a company
> who is doing XML stuff (programming, not authoring or rendering).  We
> are interested in getting a better handle on the applicability of
> Dylan to IT issues in general and XML in particular.  We are also
> interested in talking to potential corporate beta-testers for an XML
> platform based on Dylan.

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:43:59 GMT
 Did fun-o finished the xml modul?
There is an XML library available from the Dylanlibs collection [1]. It uses
the Microsoft XML Parser via COM. There is also an XML-RPC library there.

Another option is Scott's excellent XML library. Hopefully that'll be
available from fun-o soon. I think Gwydion Dylan [2] also have one as part
of their distribution but I don't know what state it is at.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/dylanlibs/
[2] http://www.gwydiondylan.org

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 04:14:30 GMT
 Did fun-o finished the xml modul?

Quote:

> I think Gwydion Dylan [2] also have one as part
> of their distribution but I don't know what state it is at.
> [2] http://www.gwydiondylan.org

The XML-parser library at the GwydionDylan website is production
quality.  I use it daily on systems I build for commercial and
non-commercial use.  One example in action is
http://www.geocities.com/xml_pages/  (the movies db).  You, Andreas
Bogk and I are credited as developers of the xml-parser library.

Besides the Gwydion Dylan distribution it requires the Meta library
(brought to us by David Lichteblau).  Both are available from the GD
website from the CVS repository [cvs://gd/examples/]; both are very
useful parsers.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 11:40:27 GMT

1. count bits, fun fun fun.

2. Using CLOCC xml.lisp to print XML in XML format

3. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

4. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

5. Modul

6. GPF in modul CWCIF16.DLL

7. ICP CON 7520 or Adam 4520 Modul

8. Error in Modul NIDAQ32.DLL

9. Disk Om Modul

10. OS/390 LOAD MODUL FORMAT Description

11. Introduction To Modul

12. pascal code to modul