Advantages of Dylan over Java (second try)
Author Message
 Advantages of Dylan over Java (second try)

(sorry about that last post)

Rainer,  thanks for the info.

Quote:
>Why not write the GUI in Common Lisp? Seems obvious when
>the application is already written in CL. You could use
>Allegro CL from Franz Inc. ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).
>CLIM could be one choice.

  In fact we have already ported it to CLIM, but aren't happy with it -
it's buggy, slow, big and doesn't have many good gui widgets.  Besides that
it's great :-).

  It would be nice to keep in it CLISP if we could find a cross-platform,
efficient, mature, easy-to-use and complete system.

--Pete
--
-----------
WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pshell

Mon, 08 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Advantages of Dylan over Java

2. Advantages of Dylan over Java?

3. Dylan and Java [was: Harlequin Dylan - Update]

4. try gfdg try kuiou try gsdfas try

5. 0 bytes index second try

6. Dylan Hackers entry won second prize at ICFP 2001

7. declarative versus imperative (second try)

8. Export restrictions on Ada (second try)

9. (Second try) Query: other ways to implement encapsulated objects

10. EDIF to VHDL, second try

11. Second try for problems with Printing Headings

12. Please help a beginner! (second try)