Parenthisized syntax for Dylan?
Author Message
 Parenthisized syntax for Dylan?

I few years ago, I ordered the DRM from Apple. The syntax was decidely
lispish but I heard rumors of a more traditional syntax. After an
extended absence, I am reinvestigating Dylan and now find no mention
of the parenthesized syntax at all. Is parenthesized syntax dead?
Where can I find discussions of the rationale behind the change?

Mark

Real-Time Systems Laboratory
--

Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Parenthisized syntax for Dylan?

Quote:
>I few years ago, I ordered the DRM from Apple. The syntax was decidely
>lispish but I heard rumors of a more traditional syntax. After an
>extended absence, I am reinvestigating Dylan and now find no mention
>of the parenthesized syntax at all. Is parenthesized syntax dead?
>Where can I find discussions of the rationale behind the change?

It's essentially dead.  Apple felt it would be easier to market Dylan if it
had a more common syntax.

You may be able to find discussion of it in Deja archives of this newsgroup
from a few years ago.  However, most of the discussion happened behind the
scenes at Apple; what you'll find in public forums is the reaction.

Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ProjectBuilder Dylan Syntax Colouring

2. Q: member syntax in dylan?

3. Better Dylan syntax?

4. Better Dylan syntax?

5. Another Oddity of Dylan's syntax

6. Oddities of Dylan's syntax

7. Re2: Oddities of Dylan's syntax

8. Apple's Dylan environment and Lisp-like syntax

9. Why isn't Dylan syntax m

10. Why isn't Dylan syntax more like C++

11. why isn't dylan syntax more l

12. Why isn't Dylan syntax more