When/Where is dylan from Harlequin ?
Author Message
 When/Where is dylan from Harlequin ?

I've got the "dylan programming" book and it talks about an implementation from
Harlequin in 2Q96. It is definitely 2Q96 and we don't even have a beta. If they
are going to have anything before the end of the year, they have to have beta
quality  stuff now. Why can't we look at it ?

muzo

imagine standard disclaimer here.

Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 When/Where is dylan from Harlequin ?

Quote:
>I've got the "dylan programming" book and it talks about an implementation from
>Harlequin in 2Q96. It is definitely 2Q96 and we don't even have a beta. If they
>are going to have anything before the end of the year, they have to have beta
>quality  stuff now. Why can't we look at it ?

Currently, we are using private versions of our Dylan implementation
internally, for development of other products. These releases are not
intended for the open commercial marketplace.

The first publicly available version will be in 1Q97 when our open Beta
process begins. Full product release is scheduled for mid-1997.

Recent threads in mind - yes, it takes a long time to build a *commercial*
development environment. But we are still absolutely committed to the task
and demonstrated our development build at August's Object World show in San
Jose, where we showed Dylan changing the functionality of an OLE component
while it was running inside an MSWord document.

Keep the faith!

Regards
Clive Harris
Product Marketing Manager
Harlequin.

Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 When/Where is dylan from Harlequin ?

Quote:

>Currently, we are using private versions of our Dylan implementation
>internally, for development of other products. These releases are not
>intended for the open commercial marketplace.

>The first publicly available version will be in 1Q97 when our open Beta
>process begins. Full product release is scheduled for mid-1997.

>Recent threads in mind - yes, it takes a long time to build a *commercial*
>development environment. But we are still absolutely committed to the task
>and demonstrated our development build at August's Object World show in San
>Jose, where we showed Dylan changing the functionality of an OLE component
>while it was running inside an MSWord document.

>Keep the faith!

>Regards
>Clive Harris
>Product Marketing Manager
>Harlequin.

A wicked thought - should that last line read "Keep the faith! ... but
change religions".

The Mac community may see a supported Dylan implementation at some time in
the future - we can all hope.

Gareth Baker
CCLRC
Daresbury Laboratory
UK

--
Gareth J Baker
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, WA4 4AD, UK

Mon, 29 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. (fwd) harlequin's dylan-corba mailing list switching to MIT's info-dylan

2. Dylan and Java [was: Harlequin Dylan - Update]

3. HARLEQUIN DYLAN and C FFI

4. Small d2c and Harlequin Dylan incompatibility

5. first attempt at Harlequin-Dylan

6. Functional Objects to take over Harlequin Dylan

7. Harlequin Dylan 2.0 beta 2 is now available

8. Future of Harlequin Dylan

9. ODBC database with Harlequin Dylan

10. Harlequin Dylan Update

11. using winInet with harlequin dylan

12. Beginners problem with Harlequin Dylan