DUIM background colors
Author Message
 DUIM background colors

How do you set the background of a <text-field> in DUIM? I want to
dynamically change the background color to indicate a field's status. I
haven't found a key/property that seems appropriate.

Thanks,

Ron Franke-Polz

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DUIM background colors

Hi Ron,

Quote:
> How do you set the background of a <text-field> in DUIM? I want to
> dynamically change the background color to indicate a field's
> status. I haven't found a key/property that seems appropriate.

There is no way to do this in DUIM itself, you will need to use the
Windows APIs. Roughly what this entails is:

 - use the win32-duim module from the DUIM library

 - get hold of the Windows control from the gadget using:

     let handle :: <HWND> = window-handle(text-field);

 - change the color of the control using the appropriate Win32 API
   call (I don't know what this is offhand, I can look it up if you
   don't have access to it).

It would be nice to allow you to do this directly from DUIM, probably
using sheet-background-setter. We'll add it to our list of things to
look at.

I hope this helps,

Andy

----------

Harlequin Inc.

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting a web hex color as background color for a canvas

2. conflicts between button colors and background color

3. Changing font color/size and background color with Tile

4. TreeView background color

5. List background color refresh...

6. Toolbar button background color

7. problem with background color

8. APL+Win Label background color

9. VW7: background color in IDE

10. Window Background Color

11. HELP: System Fonts and Background Color

12. Help with default background color