Dylan Implementations
Author Message
 Dylan Implementations

Does anybody know the current status of Mindy, or Marlais?
Are they still being worked on, or are they dead. I contacted Patrick
Beard, but haven't heard a thing back.

I'd also be interested in hearing about Gwydion's current status, and
Harlequin's. I've checked the Web pages and haven't seen much...

And when are we supposed to see Dylan for PowerPC?

(I'd check the FAQ, but it doesn't seem to have been updated for some
time...no wonder Dylan's getting a rep as a dead language).

Dave MacLachlan          Binary Composer     NightFall Software

 "Beware the Jubjub bird and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!"

Fri, 07 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Dylan Implementations
Dave (et. al.)

Quote:
> Does anybody know the current status of Mindy, or Marlais?
> Are they still being worked on, or are they dead. I contacted Patrick
> Beard, but haven't heard a thing back.

Marlais is not dead, just napping.  I hope to be able to coordinate an
effort to bring Marlais up to DRM compatibility in the relatively near
future.

Quote:
> Dave MacLachlan          Binary Composer     NightFall Software

Joe Wilson

Fri, 07 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Dylan Implementations

   Does anybody know the current status of Mindy, or Marlais?

We in the Gwydion group are still supporting Mindy, and we are using
it heavily ourselves for development of our new compiler.  We are
trying to minimize the amount of time we put into Mindy now, but at
some point we will make a new release with the improvements (mostly
assorted DRM compliance fixes) we have put in for our own use.

   I'd also be interested in hearing about Gwydion's current status, and
   Harlequin's. I've checked the Web pages and haven't seen much...

Both projects are extremely healthy and making good progress, though
things never converge quite as fast as we'd like.  We're too busy to
fiddle much with out Web page.

   And when are we supposed to see Dylan for PowerPC?

I believe the date was August (MacWorld Boston time), and someone from
Digitool recently said that they were on schedule.

-- Scott

Principal Research Scientist            Phone:     412 268-2575
School of Computer Science              Fax:       412 268-5576
Carnegie Mellon University              Latitude:  40:26:46 N
5000 Forbes Avenue                      Longitude: 79:56:55 W
Pittsburgh, PA 15213                    Mood:      :-)

Sat, 08 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dylan implementation question

2. another Dylan implementation?

3. Free Dylan implementations?

4. Dylan implementation tips

5. Status of Dylan implementations

6. Status of Dylan implementations

7. Which public domain Dylan implementation ?

8. Dylan Implementations

9. Where is dylan implementation?

10. Dylan-implementation in CL?

11. Implementations of Dylan