already prepared marlais 0.3?
Author Message
 already prepared marlais 0.3?

Though i'm not a heavy-hitter when it comes to computers, I do pull some
weight here at TTU in educational research (or at least as much as a
doct{*filter*}student can...).

My current research may be facilitated by some experiments with Marlais 0.3
but my current setup doesn't allow me to compile the code provided here on
the FTP site. Does someone have a prepared Marlais that I can run on 386
class machines or on Macintosh `030 machines? I'm more than happy with my
current set of tools (LISP) but have never gotten the hang of CLOS.

Marlais (nee Dylan) could be an up.

thanks in advance.

_don

Sat, 23 Nov 1996 07:26:03 GMT
 already prepared marlais 0.3?

Quote:

>My current research may be facilitated by some experiments with Marlais 0.3
>but my current setup doesn't allow me to compile the code provided here on
>the FTP site. Does someone have a prepared Marlais that I can run on 386
>class machines or on Macintosh `030 machines? I'm more than happy with my
>current set of tools (LISP) but have never gotten the hang of CLOS.

>Marlais (nee Dylan) could be an up.

>thanks in advance.

Well, this is as good a time as any to announce this. Over the last two days
I:

1) Ported v4.1 of the Boehm collector used by Marlais to Symantec/THINK C. I've
sent my version to Hans Boehm, who is right now integrating my changes into the
main sources.

2) Brought Marlais 0.3 up with it, and it seems to be running fine. Just using
the console interface for now. When I get time, I might go for an integrated
editor interface.

Marlais is a nice piece of work. I've been trying examples from the first Dylan
book, and a lot of it just works. I suppose this is the reason I've been posting
so much to this group. The e{*filter*}ment is building.

How should I distribute this? Would it be appropriate to put on cambridge.apple.com?

//
// Patrick C. Beard
// Dept. of Computer Science, U. C. Davis

//

Sat, 23 Nov 1996 11:35:37 GMT

1. Marlais 0.3

2. announcement : Qish 0.3

3. ANNOUNCEMENT: Automatic Design of Algorithms Through Evolution (ADATE), Version 0.3

4. MultiMedia Logic ALPHA 0.3 is released

5. announcement : Qish 0.3

6. MacMarlais 0.3 now available

7. Goanna 0.3 Released

8. ANNOUNCE: eInteractive 0.3 released

9. Docutils 0.3 released

10. ANN: SQLObject 0.3

11. Novelwriting 0.3: rule-based random document generation