DUIM clipboard
Author Message
 DUIM clipboard

Has anyone had any difficulty using <clipboard> with FD 2?  When I call

get-clipboard-data-as (<my-class>, clipboard)

I get an error "unrecognized clipboard format".  It looks like the
source code is wired to return an error automatically.  I'm thinking I
should use <win32-clipboard> if there is one, but that means abandoning
or rewriting the with-clipboard macro.

This is probably one of those undocumented gotchas that seem to pervade
DUIM :( .

--

Welcome to account Madness!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DUIM clipboard

Quote:

> >Has anyone had any difficulty using <clipboard> with FD 2?  When I call

> >get-clipboard-data-as (<my-class>, clipboard)

> >I get an error "unrecognized clipboard format".  It looks like the
> >source code is wired to return an error automatically.  I'm thinking I
> >should use <win32-clipboard> if there is one, but that means abandoning
> >or rewriting the with-clipboard macro.

> >This is probably one of those undocumented gotchas that seem to pervade
> >DUIM :( .

> If there are undocumented gotchas, you're sending bug reports, right?
> If you think they are going to a black hole, send them directly to me

> As for this exact problem, the clipboard support in DUIM for anything
> except for basic string types is pretty thin.  Did you do anything to make
> objects of <your-class> recognized by the Win32 clipboard?

No, I didn't.  After looking at the MSDN docs, I see two ways
app-private data can be place in the clipboard: using a private format
(CF_PRIVATEFIRST) or a faux-GDI format (CB_GDIOBJFIRST).  I guess I
should use the private format.  So, I should call a Win32 function to
register the format?  Do I need to do anything to handle the
WM_DESTROYCLIPBOARD message?

Finally, where can I find the bugs, technotes, and workarounds that
people find -- aside from this newsgroup?

Thanks!

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DUIM clipboard

Quote:

>Has anyone had any difficulty using <clipboard> with FD 2?  When I call

>get-clipboard-data-as (<my-class>, clipboard)

>I get an error "unrecognized clipboard format".  It looks like the
>source code is wired to return an error automatically.  I'm thinking I
>should use <win32-clipboard> if there is one, but that means abandoning
>or rewriting the with-clipboard macro.

>This is probably one of those undocumented gotchas that seem to pervade
>DUIM :( .

If there are undocumented gotchas, you're sending bug reports, right?
If you think they are going to a black hole, send them directly to me

As for this exact problem, the clipboard support in DUIM for anything
except for basic string types is pretty thin.  Did you do anything to make
objects of <your-class> recognized by the Win32 clipboard?

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DUIM clipboard

Quote:

>If there are undocumented gotchas, you're sending bug reports, right?

On the subject of bugs, what is the situation with Windows 2000?  I read
somewhere in the documentation or release notes or maybe on the FO web site
that Windows 2000 is not yet supported, and that FD has definite bugs with
it, but nothing about the details of the bugs.

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DUIM clipboard

Quote:

>>If there are undocumented gotchas, you're sending bug reports, right?

>On the subject of bugs, what is the situation with Windows 2000?  I read
>somewhere in the documentation or release notes or maybe on the FO web site
>that Windows 2000 is not yet supported, and that FD has definite bugs with
>it, but nothing about the details of the bugs.

I use Win/NT and Win-98 myself (too lazy to upgrade), but there
are at least 2 Fun-O people who have been using FD on Win2K.
So as far as I know, the current release of FD *does* work on
Win2K.  I suggest you download the free part of FD (it's not too
bad if you've got DSL or cable modem or something) and simply
try it.

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DUIM clipboard

Quote:

>Finally, where can I find the bugs, technotes, and workarounds that
>people find -- aside from this newsgroup?

That's a good question, for which I have no answer.

If you were setting up such a repository, what would you
have it look like?

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DUIM clipboard

Quote:

> >Finally, where can I find the bugs, technotes, and workarounds that
> >people find -- aside from this newsgroup?

> That's a good question, for which I have no answer.

> If you were setting up such a repository, what would you
> have it look like?

No-nonsense, categorized, and indexed.  A "How do I?...Here's how"
format would be the most useful.  A section containing overviews of
different DUIM systems would be nice -- the current docs don't really
provide much high-level detail.

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DUIM clipboard

Quote:

> Finally, where can I find the bugs, technotes, and workarounds that
> people find -- aside from this newsgroup?

I have a small collection of 'tips' which is where I put workarounds
and tips as I come across them - and get around to writing them
up. Hopefully it'll grow:

http://www.double.co.nz/dylan/tips

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem with DUIM at higher resolutions

2. DUIM focus question

3. A duim menu question

4. updating an icon label in DUIM

5. updating an icon label in DUIM

6. DUIM font question

7. DUIM question

8. help with DUIM application

9. <tree-node> in DUIM

10. Browser gadget sugguestions for a DUIM app

11. DUIM event queue

12. Using DUIM's <viewport>