SK8: can't seem to find it anywhere, nowhere nada
Author Message
 SK8: can't seem to find it anywhere, nowhere nada

Just wondering if anyone know where the project
was moved to, other than /dev/null.  I know the
projects was canned, but would like to see if
anyone has moved forward with it since 1997 (may)
and if it has been ported other platforms like Squeak
has been...  Thanks!

\t

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SK8: can't seem to find it anywhere, nowhere nada
SK8??

-- Bruce

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SK8: can't seem to find it anywhere, nowhere nada

Quote:

> SK8??

> -- Bruce

<ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/mcl/contrib/SK8.sit>

SK8 is a prototype for a multimedia development environment.
Written in Macintosh Common Lisp .

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SK8: can't seem to find it anywhere, nowhere nada
Thanks, how about some online .html stuff that would
help me assess the state of SK8 without downloading
12 megs of stuff over a 56k line, onto a PC since I
am on vacation and don't have a Mac to mess around
with SK8 right now.  Also, what has anyone done to port
SK8 to something more popular, ie a PC ;')  Do not flame
me please, just being realistic.

\t

Quote:

>> SK8??

>> -- Bruce

><ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/mcl/contrib/SK8.sit>

>SK8 is a prototype for a multimedia development environment.
>Written in Macintosh Common Lisp .

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SK8: can't seem to find it anywhere, nowhere nada

Quote:

> Thanks, how about some online .html stuff

There is none.

Quote:
> that would
> help me assess the state of SK8

This is all that is left - a first version of SK8 on the PowerPC MCL.
Otherwise it's dead - what a shame.

Quote:
> without downloading
> 12 megs of stuff over a 56k line, onto a PC since I
> am on vacation and don't have a Mac to mess around
> with SK8 right now.

It is Mac only. There is an unfinished PDF documentation
in this package.

Quote:
> Also, what has anyone done to port
> SK8 to something more popular, ie a PC ;')

Nothing.

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SK8: can't seem to find it anywhere, nowhere nada
It is a real shame.  I guess someone may want to pick
it up and take off with it, yet is there source in the package?
Would be a fun 12 month project.  I remember really, really
liking SK8.  I was out on contract with some other NS/OS
developers, and we had spent the past 6 years working
on a Multimedia package on NS/OS.  In porting to OS 4.2
we were going to implement some of the ideas of SK8 into
this new version/release.  Yet the nature of Apple and its
research projects made us kill that idea after we found that
Apple was going to can the entire research efforts and didn't
know where we would get support and ideas from (other
than our own noggins, which ain't much these daze ;').

Thanks for any clearification on the package.  I will have to
take a look once I get back to my G3.

\t

Quote:

>> Thanks, how about some online .html stuff

>There is none.

>> that would
>> help me assess the state of SK8

>This is all that is left - a first version of SK8 on the PowerPC MCL.
>Otherwise it's dead - what a shame.

>> without downloading
>> 12 megs of stuff over a 56k line, onto a PC since I
>> am on vacation and don't have a Mac to mess around
>> with SK8 right now.

>It is Mac only. There is an unfinished PDF documentation
>in this package.

>> Also, what has anyone done to port
>> SK8 to something more popular, ie a PC ;')

>Nothing.

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Block Device-Driver - Can't seem to find the Command specifications

2. mxCGI Needed...Can't Find anywhere...

4. It's not bad canned meat...

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. It's not bad canned meat...

7. It's not bad canned meat...

8. expect's full_buffer doesn't seem to work

9. Help! cant find TASM anywhere

10. D S L For FREE, GRATIS, YOU PAY NADA (NOTHING) 1793

11. Whither SK8?

12. Can't seem to CLIP properly