Naive Dylan question
Author Message
 Naive Dylan question

I Have generated a lot of interest with my rather confusing statement:

Quote:

>     fyi - C++ does its function calls in the opposite order than that of C,
>     thus allowing many more function-calling optomizations.

I will have to admit a fair amount of confusion on my part: I had calling
conventions of specific compilers confused with language definitions. It was my
belief that the C language definition specified that arguments should be passed
right-to-left, (As is required when there are a variable number of arguments.)
and that the C++ defintion specified that they should be passed left-to-right
except when there is a variable number of arguments. (Does anyone know exactly
why left-to-right is so much more efficient? - I can no-longer find my
reference.) On the C++ side, this ended up being a compiler-specific issue which
I misread. I assume it is the same for C, but I cannot prove that.

I will no-longer post any information relating to this topic as it has little to
do with Dylan- feel free to contact me independently as I am interested in this
topic.

Thanks to those who replied and pointed it out!

Bill

Tue, 10 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Naive Dylan question

2. Naive Dylan question

3. naive type checking II (not so naive?)

4. Questions from a naive user

5. Questions from a naive st programmer

6. Naive Forth questions

7. Extremely naive (and probably stupid) question

8. (Yet another) naive question

9. Naive question

10. Naive question

11. Another naive question