Where to put gc libs for Gwydion Dylan 2.3.10
Author Message
 Where to put gc libs for Gwydion Dylan 2.3.10

I installed the binary for x86 Linux, and when using d2c (on the
output created by make-dylan-app), I get the error

"error while loading shared libraries: libgc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory"

I untared gw-dylan in /usr/local.

I'm using the Boehm-Demers-Weiser gc (downloaded today - no apparent
version number, but untar's into a directory named gc6.1).  I used the
default install, and it makde a file /usr/local/lib/libgc.so.1.0.1,
with links in the same directory names libgc.so.1 and libgc.so.

I created a soft link named libgc.so.6 in /usr/local/lib, /usr/lib,
and /usr/local/lib/dylan/2.3.10/x86-linux-gcc.

Any ideas before I try to fix a broken build from source?

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:47:52 GMT
 Where to put gc libs for Gwydion Dylan 2.3.10

Quote:

> I created a soft link named libgc.so.6 in /usr/local/lib, /usr/lib,
> and /usr/local/lib/dylan/2.3.10/x86-linux-gcc.

One of the places should suffice.  You did remember to re-run ldconfig
after creating the link?

Andreas

--
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."
  -- His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:49:31 GMT
 Where to put gc libs for Gwydion Dylan 2.3.10

Quote:

> One of the places should suffice.  You did remember to re-run ldconfig
> after creating the link?

Nope.  Just read the man page, thanks.

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:06:32 GMT

1. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.10 Released

2. Gwydion Dylan 2.2.0 Released

3. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.9 Released

4. Gwydion-Dylan 2.3.6 much bigger?

5. Gwydion Dylan Release 2.3.5

6. Gwydion Dylan - MacOS X Carbon Demos

7. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.4 Released

8. Mac-d2c port of Mac application in gwydion dylan archive

9. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.3 released

10. ncurses and Gwydion Dylan

11. Gwydion Dylan port for BeOS available

12. bootstrap problems with Gwydion Dylan 2.3.2