 More Thomas questions for a newbie

Using Tbnomas 1.1 and gambit 1.9

(pp "2")
prints t and returns no value

I would think that

((pp "2") #t)

or

(pp "2")(#t))

would print 2 and return true, but OH NO, **ERROR** etc

also, this system doesn't seem to beleive in
#rest or #key at all in define-method lists.????

thanks
--
*----------*-------------------------------------------------------------*
| Sam   Jam|"Never underestimate the importance of a cheap laugh"-       |

Mon, 04 Dec 1995 20:51:35 GMT
 More Thomas questions for a newbie

Quote:
>Using Tbnomas 1.1 and gambit 1.9

>(pp "2")

pretty-print is a Scheme, not a Dylan function.  The system is probably
confused.

Quote:
>also, this system doesn't seem to beleive in
>#rest or #key at all in define-method lists.????

If you read the Thomas release notes, you will see that you have to replace
#\# with #\!, i.e. use !rest and !key.

-Ken
P.S. As I am using Dylan I have only played with Thomas a bit.  You should
direct questions to the authors of Thomas.

Tue, 05 Dec 1995 02:06:10 GMT

2. question about Thomas and Scheme->C

3. Not a newbie, but a newbie question...

4. Trivial Newbie Question (Newbie)

5. Newbie Question: Realbasic Question

6. Yet another question on system calls(newbie question)

7. question on event-generated errors (was Re: newbie TkCon question)

8. Reminder: Dave Thomas to speak at OCSTUG, Sept 18

9. Dave Thomas to speak at OCSTUG, Sept 16

10. ST Solutions 2001 announces Dave Thomas as a keynote

11. XP2000 invited speakers: Ron Jeffries, Robert C. Martin, Ralph Johnson, Dave Thomas, and Martin Fowler

12. VW -Job SF/CA Sindy Thomas,NSP Inc.