Info Dylan Digest V2 #43
Author Message
 Info Dylan Digest V2 #43

Quote:
>Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 16:13:41 GMT

>Subject: Syntax metalanguage vs end if

>> > Lisps can be amazingly small.  A small Lisp should be able to
>> > compete with Basic, no problem.

>> Could you please name one that is available for MS Windows?
>> Does it complete with VB in terms of cost, performace, and
>> memory overheads? The clostest product I know of is Actor,
>> and from what I've read from C programmers, they hated it.

>There's Basic and Basic.  Small Lisps certainly exist and have
>existed.  I don't know of any that is a competitor to VB, but
>then I know very little about Windows software.

I have a copy of George Carrette's SIOD (Scheme in one Defun) it is a
complete scheme interpreter, including a GC, in a couple of pages
of "C" code. I've ported it to THINK C and it runs in many other
environments. It is easy to extend and rather fun to work with.

Jim

Sun, 18 Aug 1996 02:53:30 GMT

1. INFO-ADA Digest V91 #43

2. INFO-ADA Digest V88 #43 Robert Dewar's response

3. Info Dylan digest V2 #682

4. Info Dylan digest V2 #671

5. Info Dylan digest V2 #65

6. Info Dylan digest V2 #624