Mindy Streams/Format Libraries
Author Message
 Mindy Streams/Format Libraries

Does anybody know the reason/motivation for not having something like the
"C" I/O library "remove" function? I need a method that deletes a file. Have
I missed something in the Mindy STREAMS library?

Secondly, does anybody have a version of the FORMAT library that supports the
formating of floating point numbers that they would be willing to share? Any
idea behind the motivation for the "xxxx.xs0" format in the PRINT library? The
trailing "s0" is annoying, but I'm guessing that it's there for a reason.

I'm writting a special purpose macro pre-processor (something like CPP on steroids)
and these two issues are tripping me up.

Thanks for any info.

Ron Franke-Polz
Principal Systems Engineer
Industrial Automation & Control, Honeywell Inc.

Mon, 24 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Mindy Streams/Format Libraries

Quote:
>Does anybody know the reason/motivation for not having something like the
>"C" I/O library "remove" function? I need a method that deletes a file. Have
>I missed something in the Mindy STREAMS library?

The reason that there is no delete-file function in the Streams
library is that it doesn't belong there.  Streams is about I/O, not
manipulating the file system.  Functions like delete-file and
rename-file would go in a separate File-system library, which no one
has gotten around to writing yet.

In the meantime, you might try the Mindy system() function:

        system("rm file")
--

-Nick Kramer

Mon, 24 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mindy Libraries and the macintosh

2. CL format stream question

3. Formatted stream I/O

4. Format of Byte-Stream File Comprised of Variants

5. Mixed Stream/"Formatted" I/O

6. Basic streams/formatting questions

7. OCaml Stream library

8. Pure ruby stream compression library?

9. Proposed extension to Streams library

10. SRFI 40: A Library of Streams

11. Adding/Removing Streams from a Broadcast Stream

12. Distinguishing a binary Stream from a text Stream ?