Apple Dylan PPC Bugs?
Author Message
 Apple Dylan PPC Bugs?

I have just switched to a PPC machine and loaded the PPC version of
Apple Dylan. It does seem faster to load but I cannot change the names
of any source folders in the browser. Is there a different way of doing
this in the native version or is it a bug? (Mac 5300cs 32/750, system
7.5.3)

Regards
Gareth Baker

Sat, 24 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Apple Dylan PPC Bugs?

Quote:
>Apple Dylan. It does seem faster to load but I cannot change the names
>of any source folders in the browser....
> ... or is it a bug?

                 ^^^^--- yes a bug...
  Hack solution:  Start up the 68K version of environment. change names. save.
  quit. restart PPC version.

--

Lyman S. Taylor            "It's not *OUR* fault....."

                                        'Lovely Angels'

Mon, 26 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Apple Dylan PPC Bugs?

Quote:
>I have just switched to a PPC machine and loaded the PPC version of
>Apple Dylan. It does seem faster to load but I cannot change the names
>of any source folders in the browser. Is there a different way of doing
>this in the native version or is it a bug? (Mac 5300cs 32/750, system
>7.5.3)

This is one of the known bugs in the PPC TR.

   -tre

--
Tom Emerson                                                 Cambridge R&D
Senior Software Engineer                             Apple Computer, Inc.

Mon, 26 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Apple Dylan PPC Bugs?

Quote:
>The following is speculation:  The PPC-native Apple Dylan was based on MCL
>3.9, which did not do much optimization. If Digitool recompiled the Apple
>Dylan TR with MCL 4.0, it might speed the TR up even further.

The PPC-native Apple Dylan was compiled with a development version of
MCL 4.0. This is an excerpt of a generated bug report:

Apple Dylan version   TR-PPC
 Leibniz version       TR-PPC
 MCL version           4.0d05
 Applex version        TR-PPC

Nevertheless Apple should contract Digitool again, in order to deliver a
(more or less) bug-free version of the PPC-TR (some people paid for that
product, including me). That would mean possible performance gains be
rolled in.

        Gabor

Mon, 26 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Apple Dylan PPC Bug

2. PPC Apple Dylan Questions

3. Apple Dylan TR PPC Buggy?

4. Dylan Programming Book and Apple Dylan

5. Dylan is the Name was(Re: Dylan (Bob) eats rotten Apple (Computer))

6. PopupMenu bug, menu bug, apple bug (worm)?

7. PPC Dylan TR Run With RAM Doubler?

8. Upgrade to PPC Dylan TR?

9. Old Apple Dylan Archive

10. Apple Dylan TR

11. apple's dylan technology release CD

12. Apple Dylan t-shirt: Geek History though T-shirts