concurrency?
Author Message
 concurrency?

Hi,

Does Dylan support concurrency?  Looking through the gwydion dylan intro
docs, I can't see anything so I think not.  If not, are there any
concurrency libs?

Cheers,
Danx

Sun, 08 Jan 2006 05:41:49 GMT
 concurrency?

Quote:

> Does Dylan support concurrency?  Looking through the gwydion dylan intro
> docs, I can't see anything so I think not.  If not, are there any
> concurrency libs?

Dylan the language does not explicitly support concurrency, just as C
does not.

Functional Developer supports threads.

Gwydion Dylan has a small number of global resources that would need to
have access protected by critical sections in order to be thread-safe.
Probably not a lot of work, but no one has done it yet.  There is of
course nothing to stop you  using multiple processes.

-- Bruce

Sun, 08 Jan 2006 13:22:43 GMT

1. Concurrency of multiple IStream onURL:

2. Bulk operators and concurrency

3. VW, Sockets, & Concurrency

4. Sybase/CW concurrency bug found

5. C/Q and concurrency

6. Eiffel concurrency

7. Short technology paper on O-O concurrency/multithreading/Internet

8. Distribution/Concurrency keynote at Object Expo Europe '96

9. Concurrency/Distribution keynote at Object Expo '96!

10. Concurrency within ISE Eiffel...???

11. Concurrency for Eiffel (SCOOP): full document on-line

12. concurrency ?