Dylan Java Source Code Comparison
Author Message
 Dylan Java Source Code Comparison

I've put together a simple Dylan/Java source code comparison.
This is now available on the Harlequin Web site at:

< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

The example is intentionally short.  It's not meant to be a
comprehensive comparison of the two languages.  Rather, it
highlights some important differences within some key areas.

Feedback on this example is welcome.  I'd also be very interested
in seeing any other similar short examples that other people
put together.

Cheers.

  -Andrew

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dylan Java Source Code Comparison

Quote:

>Feedback on this example is welcome.  I'd also be very interested
>in seeing any other similar short examples that other people
>put together.

As a beginner who's learning the language, it is very nice to see how
equivalent constructs in a language I know (Java) correspond to Dylan
constructs.  Thank you.

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dylan Java Source Code Comparison

Quote:

> As a beginner who's learning the language, it is very nice to see how
> equivalent constructs in a language I know (Java) correspond to Dylan
> constructs.  Thank you.

Which reminds me: the Gwydion volunteers are looking for a Dylan
"cookbook". This would allow programmers to look up the answer to questions
such as "How do I declare a private data member?" and find a Dylan code
snippet.

If somebody wants to work on this, please contact me. I may be able to
provide server resources and a content-management system.

Cheers,
Eric

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Performance Comparison: Lisp, Smalltalk, Dylan, Java

2. Performance comparison: Smalltalk, Java, Lisp, Dylan

3. NewtonScript/Dylan code comparison

4. Dylan byte codes and Java

5. Dylan source code to Creatures 3 utilities available

6. Dylan and Java [was: Harlequin Dylan - Update]

7. Data Recovery SOURCE CODE ( SOURCE CODES of Professional Data Recovery Software )

8. Converting FORTRAN source code to C source code

9. Smalltallk code generation based on Java source tree

10. Java, C, and C++ To Eiffel Source Code Translator

11. What GOOD CAD/* editor can handle VRML2.0 and generate JAVA (source ) code

12. How to view a VRML objects: Free tools ( with Source code: Java )