Question
Author Message
 Question

This news group was set-up to discuss a (then) new programming language
called "Dylan" developed in the early 90s by Apple (I think they had
originally bought  an R&D team) The language is a Dynamic
object-oriented one. Apple plugged the plug on the funding in 1995 when
it was going through a major crunch. I believe it could have been as big
as Java if it had incorporated some internet savvy features, but
hindsight is 20/20 (and many Dylan people would disagree).

Poplog Pop-11 (cf. comp.lang.pop) is quite similar to Dylan, and still
relatively strong. Anyone interested in that kind of language would
probably find that Pop-11 is in many respects better than what the Dylan
group tried to assemble. Pop-11 has been around since the mid seventees
(earlier than that in its previous incarnations, Pop-1 and Pop-2).

I believe Dylan is still being used by some American academics.

Quote:

--

Tue, 04 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Question

    nospam> I believe Dylan is still being used by some American
    nospam> academics.

And there's a commercial implementation from Harlequin coming soon.

Andreas

--
"Think for yourself, fool!" -- Malaclypse the Younger

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Questions-Questions-Questions-Answers-Answers

2. Question(Questions, questions...)

3. Newbie Question: Realbasic Question

4. Questions Questions

5. Questions and more questions...

6. Browse Question / Report question

7. ***Data buffering question. Long post, lots of questions

8. questions, questions!

9. Questions, questions!

10. MicroWorlds Pro "QUESTION Set Size" question

11. OS/2 REXX Question (Object REXX Question Inside)

12. Doc question and Mount question