Basic Dylan Program
Author Message
 Basic Dylan Program

Greetings -

I am new to Dylan, and I was looking for the Dylan source code for a
simple app from which I could learn - some thing akin to teach text, a
calculator, or another simple, common program.  If someone could point me
to where I could find such code, preferably to use with MacMalaris 0.5d60
(though that is not a requirement - I would still be happy to look at the
text) I would be grateful.

Also, how many post does everyone see?  My server only averages 2-4 new
posts a when I check every 2-3 days for the past 3 months.  It lists only
7 active articles as of this writing.

TIA

Tom Hetrick

Mon, 22 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic Dylan Program

    Tom> Greetings - I am new to Dylan, and I was looking for the
    Tom> Dylan source code for a simple app from which I could learn -
    Tom> some thing akin to teach text, a calculator, or another
    Tom> simple, common program.  If someone could point me to where I

Dylan code is still very sparse. Your best bet would be to get the
Apple Dylan TR, wich includes a collection of sample applications.

    Tom> Also, how many post does everyone see?  My server only

Few.

Andreas

--

Tue, 23 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic Dylan Program

Quote:
>Dylan code is still very sparse. Your best bet would be to get the
>Apple Dylan TR, wich includes a collection of sample applications.

A few days ago there was a post announcing updates to the DylanWorld web
page.  There were a number of code examples there.  I don't remember the
URL, I suggest you look for the article yourself.

--

BBN Corporation, Cambridge, MA
Support the anti-spam movement; see <http://www.cauce.org/>

Tue, 23 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic Dylan Program

    Barry> A few days ago there was a post announcing updates to the
    Barry> DylanWorld web page.  There were a number of code examples
    Barry> there.

They don't cover Mac-specific programming, such as opening windows.

Andreas

--

Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dylan Programming Book and Apple Dylan

2. Basic Dylan FAQ updated and available for review

3. Dylan Programming Information

4. Dylan for Web Programming...

5. Socket programming in Dylan

6. An example Dylan program?