Harlequin Dylan 2.0 beta 2 is now available
Author Message
 Harlequin Dylan 2.0 beta 2 is now available

Dear Dylan Programmer -

  I'm happy to announce that an open beta of version 2.0 of Harlequin
Dylan is now available for download from the Harlequin Web site at
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;. All three editions
(Personal, Professional and Enterprise) are available, so that you can
choose the one that most interest you.

  There are a lot of exciting improvements included in this release,
the full details of which are available on our web site. Here is a
brief summary:

  Personal Edition:
    most libraries released under an Open Source license, including:
      DUIM
      Deuce (Harlequin Dylan's editor)
      DOOD (object serialization and persistence)
    streamlined de{*filter*}
    macro debugging, function call tracing, memory and register viewers
    faster and more responsive development environment
    support for international keyboards
    full support for limited collections
    improved support for incremental development, including:
      restarts for most runtime errors
      graceful resolution of undefined bindings

  Professional Edition:
    all Personal Edition improvements
    new profiling tool
    improved OLE support, including stream based
    support for UDP sockets, and Microsoft's Winsock extensions

  Enterprise Edition:
    all Enterprise Edition improvements
    editor intergration with Visual SourceSafe
    extended CORBA support, including:
      Interface Repository
      Naming Service

  Please note that this beta version of Harlequin Dylan expires on
September 1st, and that distribution of executables built with beta
versions of Harlequin Dylan is prohibited. Also note that bug reports,

  The Dylan team is very e{*filter*}d about version 2.0, and we hope you
will be too. We look forward to hearing your comments, and evolving
the final release to suit all of your needs. We thank you for your
support, and look forward to an exciting future of shared work with
the Dylan language.

  Yours sincerely,

  Andy Armstrong

P.S. If you download the beta release over the Web, please consider
taking some time to fill out the questionaire.  By doing so, you'll
help us set the future direction of our Dylan product line.

P.P.S. The serial number for the Enterprise Edition as shown in our
literature contains an unfortunate typo, it is missing a trailing
zero. It should have read as follows:

  Serial Number: HDENT 0200 069915335070
  License Key:   7c85 ed75 107c 1321

----------

Harlequin Inc.

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Harlequin Dylan Beta?

2. Harlequin Dylan Beta - Invitation

3. Harlequin Dylan - Beta program

4. Announce: Harlequin MLWorks Beta available

5. Announce: Harlequin MLWorks Beta available

6. (fwd) harlequin's dylan-corba mailing list switching to MIT's info-dylan

7. Dylan and Java [was: Harlequin Dylan - Update]

8. Dylan 2.0.1 and 2.0 Service Pack 1 are Available

9. CW 2.0 beta 3-patch available for download

10. SIG makes BETA version of Eiffel/S 2.0 available on ftp

11. Microworlds 2.0 for windows95 pre-beta now available for download

12. Python-based Amphora light groupware system 2.0 beta available