run a program in other computer
Author Message
 run a program in other computer

Hi,

is it possible to run a program in other computer? I mean to start the
program in the server from a workstation on the network?

thanks

Oscar Taboada

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:44:35 GMT
 run a program in other computer
Hello, Oscar!
You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:44:35 -0600:

 OT> is it possible to run a program in other computer? I mean to start the
 OT> program in the server from a workstation on the network?

 OT> thanks

 OT> Oscar Taboada

pcAnywhere? WinVNC? Remote Desktop on Terminal Servers?
---
Eric den Doop

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:49:59 GMT
 run a program in other computer
This is known as DCOM (Distributed Common Object Model).

It provides the basic ability to register a class on your local workstation,
but execution occurs on the server.

Look in your help for OLE Automation, COM and DCOM in your VFP help.

Also look up the DEFINE CLASS statement in your VFP help, with particular
attention to the OLEPUBLIC option.

That should head you in the right track...

Later,

Tim McKay

Quote:
> Hi,

> is it possible to run a program in other computer? I mean to start the
> program in the server from a workstation on the network?

> thanks

> Oscar Taboada

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:14:07 GMT
 run a program in other computer
Oscar -
another quick way would be to use a software product called automate from
unisyn technologies -
see www.unisyn.com for more details.
but in essense - you can tell an automate 'server' to run a program at an
automate 'client' pc, in a fairly straightforward fashion.

is this what you had in mind? or something involving DCOM, or MSMQ with a
client listener, or some master control app that lives on a client and wakes
up when a record is inserted by the server machine?
lemme know... mondo regards [Bill]

Quote:
> Hi,

> is it possible to run a program in other computer? I mean to start the
> program in the server from a workstation on the network?

> thanks

> Oscar Taboada

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:44:43 GMT
 run a program in other computer
psexec from www.sysinternals.com is the best I know for such a task. Easy to
use, free, extremly powerfull.

HTH,
Remus

Quote:
> Hi,

> is it possible to run a program in other computer? I mean to start the
> program in the server from a workstation on the network?

> thanks

> Oscar Taboada

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 01:26:45 GMT

1. Running a 2.6 (dos) program from Visual FoxPro 6 program

2. Running 2 programs at the same time within a program

3. RUN outside program as child of VFP Program

4. computer inventory program

5. Programming / Eyesight and Computer Monitors

6. computer lockup running REPORT

7. Won't run on only one computer

8. Number of computers running FoxPro apps?

9. .EXE won't run on some computers.

10. Runtime won't run on some computers

11. Can FPD26 app run on 300MHz Cyrix Computer ?

12. Application runs on some computers,not all