VFP and Fatal Error 6
Author Message
 VFP and Fatal Error 6

Hi:

Can anyone tell why we would be getting a 'Fatal Error 6 ...' message when
attempting to select the FontName property for a label control in the
Properties dialog (VFP3.0)?  We have over 300 fonts available - could this
be the problem?  We've looked in manuals, DejaNews, and KB articles and
haven't been able to find out what's happening!!!  Funny thing is that the
error doesn't occur when selecting the FontName property for the form in
which the label is placed.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Marc

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP and Fatal Error 6

Thanks for the reply!

I ended up deleting 200 or so fonts and behold no more error! So now I have
about 230 fonts available.  :(
I just don't understand why the problem was only occurring with a label
control and not the form itself!!

Marc

Quote:
> Marc,

> Historically (since about 1986) Fox products occasionally return a
> "fatal error 6 attempting to report fatal error 6" when resources get
> low.  Resources, unfortunately, can mean many things.  Memory, network
> locking resources, etc.

> In this case, though, I'd be inclined to suspect that the VCX might be
> corrupted.  Does it always happen in the same place?  Does it only
> happen in that place?  Can you reproduce it with 100% consistency?
> Does it happen on just one computer?

> Not that you care, but this is my favorite software error msg of all
> time.  I used to work with a guy who called it the "self-eating
> watermelon" error.  Thank you, Dr. Dave, wherever you are. :-)

> HTH!
> -dc

> --
> David Cranford
> Live Oak Software, Inc.
> I own the company.  Its opinions are mine.

> Perform a spamectomy on my address.

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP 5 Fatal error c0000005

2. VFP reports - Fatal Error 462

3. VFP3 Fatal error 462 while attempting to report Fatal error 462

4. English VFP 6.0 program runing under Japanese NT : Fatal Error

5. Help With Fatal Error In VFP 3.0

6. Fatal error in VFP 6.0 Application

7. English VFP 6.0 program runing under Japanese NT : Fatal Error

8. VFP fatal error

9. Error: A fatal exception ... (VFP 6.0)

10. VFP 6 SP1 Fatal Error C0000005

11. Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)

12. Fatal Error with VFP 5.0a and NT 4.0