Problem with FP 2.5 browse window
Author Message
 Problem with FP 2.5 browse window

Hi

I have a multi-user FP 2.5a app running on a Lantastic 5 network.  Some of the
data entry is done via a browse window on one file. When two data entry
operators are concurrently entering records through this browse window
the system will quite often lockup after a period of time. This time
maybe been 5 minutes and an hour. The result of a lockup is that the file need
reindexing or occassionally is totally screwed up.

I've stuffed around with the following:

1) SQL Insert versus Append
2) Increasing FILES = 100 in the config.sys
3) Running SHARE.EXE on each machine

these made no difference.

I've read the manuals from front to back and can't see anything
obviously moronic that I might have done.

If anyone has a suggestion(s) I would extremely grateful.

thanks
Matt Aldiss

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. FP 2.5 Mac/Browse problem

2. Speed Woes with FP 2.5 for Windows

3. Display driver for FP for windows 2.5

4. FPW 2.5 Hiding/Resizing main FP Window

5. Help! Browse in input window FPW 2.5

6. Indexing with FP 2.0 from FP 2.5

7. FP DOS 2.5 Problem

8. Memo problem with Mac FP 2.5

9. Memo problem with Mac FP 2.5

10. Printing Blank Line Problem w/FP 2.5 DOS

11. Problems with printer in FoxPro 2.5 for Windows

12. problem with appsrch in foxpro 2.5 for windows