"There is not enough memory to complete this operation"
Author Message
 "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"

My client reported me about this error when he tried to open a function with
initializing of searching record from a table.  It was written by SQL
command. When he reported this error, I checked his computer whether it is
not enough hard disk space or RAM, etc.  However there was ultimately
sufficient memory space in it and I was puzzled about that.  But there is
something which I suspect that this error can be occurred in WinNT or Win2K
platform whereas it is no problem in Win95 and Win98.  I don't know whether
other factors can caused this error.  Can anyone help me about this problem?
Thank you.

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:54:53 GMT
 "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"
I'm just learning VFP, but I ran across the following information which may
be useful to you.
The first is the finding when trying to copy to array without first
dimensioning the array : COPY TO ARRAY Causes Insufficient Memory Error
(Q191923)

Q191923
or,
http://www.kbalertz.com/redir.aspx?kbs=41736

HTH,

Peace!
New Information Software

Quote:
> My client reported me about this error when he tried to open a function
with
> initializing of searching record from a table.  It was written by SQL
> command. When he reported this error, I checked his computer whether it is
> not enough hard disk space or RAM, etc.  However there was ultimately
> sufficient memory space in it and I was puzzled about that.  But there is
> something which I suspect that this error can be occurred in WinNT or
Win2K
> platform whereas it is no problem in Win95 and Win98.  I don't know
whether
> other factors can caused this error.  Can anyone help me about this
problem?
> Thank you.

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:52:52 GMT
 "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"
Thanks but not the situation what you described like this.

Please study my SQL statement:

select all (alltrim(officer) + " [" + alltrim(str(count(*))) + "]") ;
    as off2, officer from log group by officer where ;
    not empty(officer) and log.barcode in (select all barcode ;
    from file) into cursor tmpoff

Does anyone have the idea why this can caused the error in Win2000 or WinNT
Workstation?
I can provide the information what you need.  Thanks!

P.S. My application is built from VFP3

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:06:25 GMT
 "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"
Christopher,
VFP 3.0 has a limitation of 512 MB, and 3.0b has a limitation of 768 MB of
RAM. See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q137/8/09.ASP - "FIX:
Insufficient Memory on a Computer That Has 512MB of RAM" for more info.

Consider updating to VFP 7.0 - it has no such limitation.

Also, if you go to the MS KnowledgeBase
(http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx) and enter VFP and
insufficient memory , you'll get back a number of "leads".
PRB: Insufficient Memory Message Running a FoxPro EXE (Q190462) -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q190462 looks
promising.

Rick

Quote:
> My client reported me about this error when he tried to open a function
with
> initializing of searching record from a table.  It was written by SQL
> command. When he reported this error, I checked his computer whether it is
> not enough hard disk space or RAM, etc.  However there was ultimately
> sufficient memory space in it and I was puzzled about that.  But there is
> something which I suspect that this error can be occurred in WinNT or
Win2K
> platform whereas it is no problem in Win95 and Win98.  I don't know
whether
> other factors can caused this error.  Can anyone help me about this
problem?
> Thank you.

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:34:06 GMT
 "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"
I think you might misunderstand what I said.  The error message is not
generated when the application starts.  In addition the error message,
"There is not enough memory to complete this operation" occurs when the
following SQL statement is triggered under NT or 2000 environment:

select all (alltrim(officer) + " [" + alltrim(str(count(*))) + "]") ;
    as off2, officer from log group by officer where ;
    not empty(officer) and log.barcode in (select all barcode ;
    from file) into cursor tmpoff

I think there are not so many computers that can have 512MB RAM or more so
far...

> VFP 3.0 has a limitation of 512 MB, and 3.0b has a limitation of 768 MB of
> RAM. See
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q137/8/09.ASP - "FIX:
> Insufficient Memory on a Computer That Has 512MB of RAM" for more info.

> Consider updating to VFP 7.0 - it has no such limitation.

> Also, if you go to the MS KnowledgeBase
> (http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx) and enter VFP
and
> insufficient memory , you'll get back a number of "leads".
> PRB: Insufficient Memory Message Running a FoxPro EXE (Q190462) -
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q190462 looks
> promising.

> Rick

> > My client reported me about this error when he tried to open a function
> with
> > initializing of searching record from a table.  It was written by SQL
> > command. When he reported this error, I checked his computer whether it
is
> > not enough hard disk space or RAM, etc.  However there was ultimately
> > sufficient memory space in it and I was puzzled about that.  But there
is
> > something which I suspect that this error can be occurred in WinNT or
> Win2K
> > platform whereas it is no problem in Win95 and Win98.  I don't know
> whether
> > other factors can caused this error.  Can anyone help me about this
> problem?
> > Thank you.

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:37:57 GMT

1. VFP7 will not open (There is not enough memory to complete this operation)

2. not enough memory to complete this operation

3. error - There is not enough memory to complete operation

4. Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0

5. Not enough memory to complete operation

6. There is not enough memory to complete this operation

7. Not enough memory to complete operation...

8. FPW2.5: "not enough memory"

9. "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"

10. "Not enough diskspace" during a reindex

11. Not enough memory to complete this task

12. "There is not memory to complete this operation"