Problem with Vendor DLL
Author Message
 Problem with Vendor DLL

I am trying to access a vendor DLL, ZP4.dll from semaphore corp that
corrects addresses using the zip+4 database.  However, I am unable to
declare the functions because it tells me the dll is invalid.  If I
try the set library to function it gives me a "Library file "name" is
invalid (Error 1691)", if I use the following syntax

I get "Cannot load 32-bit DLL "name" (Error 1753)"

This is a problem with both VFP6 SP5 and VFP7, running under W2k sp2

I am new to trying to use third party DLL so I don't know where to go
from here.  Vendor is not interested in supporting VFP.

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 03:17:54 GMT
 Problem with Vendor DLL
Mike,
There are a number of different kinds of .DLL's. e.g. System DLLs like
USER32.DLL which would be accessed through the DECLARE syntax, but there are
also COM servers (like the DLLs that VFP creates), and you use the
CREATEOBJECT() command to access these.

While they may not support VFP, do they supply any VB examples? Looking at
those can usually help you solve most usage problems.

Rick

Quote:
> I am trying to access a vendor DLL, ZP4.dll from semaphore corp that
> corrects addresses using the zip+4 database.  However, I am unable to
> declare the functions because it tells me the dll is invalid.  If I
> try the set library to function it gives me a "Library file "name" is
> invalid (Error 1691)", if I use the following syntax

> I get "Cannot load 32-bit DLL "name" (Error 1753)"

> This is a problem with both VFP6 SP5 and VFP7, running under W2k sp2

> I am new to trying to use third party DLL so I don't know where to go
> from here.  Vendor is not interested in supporting VFP.

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 04:39:59 GMT
 Problem with Vendor DLL
See if you can open the DLL in an ObjectBrowser, like the one in any Office
product or VFP7.
It might be a COM DLL you instantiatrec with CreateObject.  You can search
the Registry with RegEdit for ZP4 and a ProgID.
-Anders

Quote:
> I am trying to access a vendor DLL, ZP4.dll from semaphore corp that
> corrects addresses using the zip+4 database.  However, I am unable to
> declare the functions because it tells me the dll is invalid.  If I
> try the set library to function it gives me a "Library file "name" is
> invalid (Error 1691)", if I use the following syntax

> I get "Cannot load 32-bit DLL "name" (Error 1753)"

> This is a problem with both VFP6 SP5 and VFP7, running under W2k sp2

> I am new to trying to use third party DLL so I don't know where to go
> from here.  Vendor is not interested in supporting VFP.

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 04:23:31 GMT
 Problem with Vendor DLL
Mike,
What syntax are you using for the SET LIBRARY TO command?
It sounds like you could have spaces in the path or filename - maybe post
some of the code and/or VB documentation you have on it and let a few of us
comment.

Cheers
Stu.

Quote:
> I am trying to access a vendor DLL, ZP4.dll from semaphore corp that
> corrects addresses using the zip+4 database.  However, I am unable to
> declare the functions because it tells me the dll is invalid.  If I
> try the set library to function it gives me a "Library file "name" is
> invalid (Error 1691)", if I use the following syntax

> I get "Cannot load 32-bit DLL "name" (Error 1753)"

> This is a problem with both VFP6 SP5 and VFP7, running under W2k sp2

> I am new to trying to use third party DLL so I don't know where to go
> from here.  Vendor is not interested in supporting VFP.

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:26:32 GMT
 Problem with Vendor DLL
Hi,
If a vendor DLL can't be loaded then you probably have some DLLs
on which it depends (for instance MSVCRT or MFC42), missed or
replaced by older versions. Try to run included samples (in VB or another
languages) to check if DLL is properly installed.
Quote:
> I am trying to access a vendor DLL, ZP4.dll from semaphore corp that
> corrects addresses using the zip+4 database.  However, I am unable to
> declare the functions because it tells me the dll is invalid.  If I
> try the set library to function it gives me a "Library file "name" is
> invalid (Error 1691)", if I use the following syntax

> I get "Cannot load 32-bit DLL "name" (Error 1753)"

> This is a problem with both VFP6 SP5 and VFP7, running under W2k sp2

> I am new to trying to use third party DLL so I don't know where to go
> from here.  Vendor is not interested in supporting VFP.

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:25:09 GMT

1. REQ: ODBC driver vendors for dBase, Paradox etc.

2. GUIDE TO COMPUTER VENDORS

3. ISO Fox Vendor Rock Island Operation

4. SBT: Crash in Vendor Maintenance area

5. Starting to get POed at FoxFire vendor

6. Seaching for Seamless Software Lookout Vendor

7. ISO Fox Vendor Rock Island Operation

8. Thur.Apr.8 VFUG Internet Chat with Vendor of Month

9. VFP Interface with Another Vendors Application

10. Accessing twain_32.dll or twain.dll from Foxpro

11. Setup Wizard and MSVCRT.DLL/MSVCRT40.DLL

12. Can you call a 32-bit dll from a 16-bit dll