Still having a problem with HP printers and VFP5
Author Message
 Still having a problem with HP printers and VFP5

I was previouly having a problem installing one of my VFP5 apps on a
machine using a HP 7000 series laserjet printer.  The reports were being
printed miniature size in the upper left hand corner of the paper.  I
was told by posters here and at Microsoft that the problem was a bug in
VFP5 that was fixed in VFP5a.  I just installed 5a and re-compiled the
application and installed it.  Nothing changed.  ...still have the same
printing problem, but only on that machine.  When building, I
re-compiled all files, and when installing I did so after deleting the
old directory.

What else could be wrong?

Jeff
remove *s to reply

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Still having a problem with HP printers and VFP5
Jeff:

    This workstation may have a different paper size setting in the printer
setup.  Try deleting the printer through Settings--Printers rebooting and
adding it again.

HTH,

--Paul

Quote:

>I was previouly having a problem installing one of my VFP5 apps on a
>machine using a HP 7000 series laserjet printer.  The reports were being
>printed miniature size in the upper left hand corner of the paper.  I
>was told by posters here and at Microsoft that the problem was a bug in
>VFP5 that was fixed in VFP5a.  I just installed 5a and re-compiled the
>application and installed it.  Nothing changed.  ...still have the same
>printing problem, but only on that machine.  When building, I
>re-compiled all files, and when installing I did so after deleting the
>old directory.

>What else could be wrong?

>Jeff
>remove *s to reply

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Still having a problem with HP printers and VFP5
HP is well known for writing bad printer drivers. Try a different driver.

--

Craig Berntson
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

Quote:
>I was previouly having a problem installing one of my VFP5 apps on a
>machine using a HP 7000 series laserjet printer.  The reports were being
>printed miniature size in the upper left hand corner of the paper.  I
>was told by posters here and at Microsoft that the problem was a bug in
>VFP5 that was fixed in VFP5a.  I just installed 5a and re-compiled the
>application and installed it.  Nothing changed.  ...still have the same
>printing problem, but only on that machine.  When building, I
>re-compiled all files, and when installing I did so after deleting the
>old directory.

>What else could be wrong?

>Jeff
>remove *s to reply

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Still having a problem with HP printers and VFP5
I believe there is/was a KB article on the problem. The number is/was:
Q156866

Dan

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 10:48:41 -0700, "Craig Berntson"

:HP is well known for writing bad printer drivers. Try a different driver.
:
:--
:
:Craig Berntson
:Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
:Salt Lake City Fox User Group
:http://www.xmission.com/~craigb
:
:

:>I was previouly having a problem installing one of my VFP5 apps on a
:>machine using a HP 7000 series laserjet printer.  The reports were being
:>printed miniature size in the upper left hand corner of the paper.  I
:>was told by posters here and at Microsoft that the problem was a bug in
:>VFP5 that was fixed in VFP5a.  I just installed 5a and re-compiled the
:>application and installed it.  Nothing changed.  ...still have the same
:>printing problem, but only on that machine.  When building, I
:>re-compiled all files, and when installing I did so after deleting the
:>old directory.
:>
:>What else could be wrong?
:>
:>Jeff
:>remove *s to reply
:>
:>
:>
:
:

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Still having a problem with HP printers and VFP5
Jeff,

I would suggest that perhaps your Windows setting for that printer has
specified a special printer feature to be turned on.  I know some LaserJets
have an ability to print several miniaturized "pages" per sheet.  Check the
properties for the printer in question on your machine.  Your machine may
have the option turned on while other machines may have it turned off.

Larry Huisingh

Quote:

> I was previouly having a problem installing one of my VFP5 apps on a
> machine using a HP 7000 series laserjet printer.  The reports were being
> printed miniature size in the upper left hand corner of the paper.  I
> was told by posters here and at Microsoft that the problem was a bug in
> VFP5 that was fixed in VFP5a.  I just installed 5a and re-compiled the
> application and installed it.  Nothing changed.  ...still have the same
> printing problem, but only on that machine.  When building, I
> re-compiled all files, and when installing I did so after deleting the
> old directory.

> What else could be wrong?

> Jeff
> remove *s to reply

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. vfp5 preview and HP printer - bug?

2. another hp printer problem

3. HP LASER 2100 Printer Driver Problem??

4. HP LASER 2100 Printer Problem

5. Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers

6. Problem with HP 6P printer

7. v2.0 Printer to HP 5/6 Laser Printers

8. Printer Code to Compress Report on HP Printers.

9. Having trouble with SET PRINTER TO

10. Printer Problem in VFP5.0

11. Printer capture problem of VFP5 on Novell network

12. Printer Problem in VFP5.0