Fatal error in SQLCONNECT()
Author Message
 Fatal error in SQLCONNECT()

I execute the following line of code.
    iConnect = SQLCONNECT()
The data source dialog appears and I choose a data source.
VFP6 immediately crashes with the message  fatal error. Exception
code=C0000005

I can access this remote ODBC database from Access and ODBCTE32.EXE (ODBC
test program) and
Approach.   Why am I getting this error, what does it mean? and why does
VFP6 crash?

Thanks for any help
Jeb Long

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal error in SQLCONNECT()
Jeb,

I just tried it with my copy of VFP6 and it did not crash. I go the
connection. Must be something different between our machines that is causing
the crash.  I am running Win NT Server 4.0

JimB

Quote:
>I execute the following line of code.
>    iConnect = SQLCONNECT()
>The data source dialog appears and I choose a data source.
>VFP6 immediately crashes with the message  fatal error. Exception
>code=C0000005

>I can access this remote ODBC database from Access and ODBCTE32.EXE (ODBC
>test program) and
>Approach.   Why am I getting this error, what does it mean? and why does
>VFP6 crash?

>Thanks for any help
>Jeb Long

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal error in SQLCONNECT()
I was using a custom ODBC driver.  It works fine with other ODBC drivers.
Since this is a custom ODBC driver, I would expect VFP to return some error
if the connection couldn't be made, eventhough it does work fine with other
applications.  However, I didn't expect VFP to totally crash.
Jeb

Quote:

>Jeb,

>I just tried it with my copy of VFP6 and it did not crash. I go the
>connection. Must be something different between our machines that is
causing
>the crash.  I am running Win NT Server 4.0

>JimB

>>I execute the following line of code.
>>    iConnect = SQLCONNECT()
>>The data source dialog appears and I choose a data source.
>>VFP6 immediately crashes with the message  fatal error. Exception
>>code=C0000005

>>I can access this remote ODBC database from Access and ODBCTE32.EXE (ODBC
>>test program) and
>>Approach.   Why am I getting this error, what does it mean? and why does
>>VFP6 crash?

>>Thanks for any help
>>Jeb Long

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal error in SQLCONNECT()
Jeb,

Is there any possibility that the custom ODBC driver is doing something that
is {*filter*} VFP's memory space?

JimB

Quote:

>I was using a custom ODBC driver.  It works fine with other ODBC drivers.
>Since this is a custom ODBC driver, I would expect VFP to return some error
>if the connection couldn't be made, eventhough it does work fine with other
>applications.  However, I didn't expect VFP to totally crash.
>Jeb

>>Jeb,

>>I just tried it with my copy of VFP6 and it did not crash. I go the
>>connection. Must be something different between our machines that is
>causing
>>the crash.  I am running Win NT Server 4.0

>>JimB

>>>I execute the following line of code.
>>>    iConnect = SQLCONNECT()
>>>The data source dialog appears and I choose a data source.
>>>VFP6 immediately crashes with the message  fatal error. Exception
>>>code=C0000005

>>>I can access this remote ODBC database from Access and ODBCTE32.EXE (ODBC
>>>test program) and
>>>Approach.   Why am I getting this error, what does it mean? and why does
>>>VFP6 crash?

>>>Thanks for any help
>>>Jeb Long

Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal error in SQLCONNECT()
It is a possibility that the ODBC driver is clobbering the memory somehow.
It works fine with VB, Access and Approach.  I have this simple application
that manages database updating. I thought it would be really simple to use
VFP.  I just finished writing a VC++ application that does what I wanted to
do in VFP.  It seems to connect and access the ODBC driver without any
grief.
Jeb Long

Quote:

>Jeb,

>Is there any possibility that the custom ODBC driver is doing something
that
>is {*filter*} VFP's memory space?

>JimB

>>I was using a custom ODBC driver.  It works fine with other ODBC drivers.
>>Since this is a custom ODBC driver, I would expect VFP to return some
error
>>if the connection couldn't be made, eventhough it does work fine with
other
>>applications.  However, I didn't expect VFP to totally crash.
>>Jeb

>>>Jeb,

>>>I just tried it with my copy of VFP6 and it did not crash. I go the
>>>connection. Must be something different between our machines that is
>>causing
>>>the crash.  I am running Win NT Server 4.0

>>>JimB

Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. fatal error with SQLEXEC() and SQLCONNECT()

2. Fatal Error when connecting to SQL server through SQLCONNECT

3. VFP3 Fatal error 462 while attempting to report Fatal error 462

4. dbc and sqlconnect error

5. Fatal Error 462 while reporting 462 error.

6. Fatal error & Internal consistency error

7. Fatal error & Internal consistency error

8. Help!!!! VFP 3.0 reporting "Fatal error 6 while attempting to report fatal error 6"

9. v8 Fatal error

10. fatal error exception code

11. Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005

12. English VFP 6.0 program runing under Japanese NT : Fatal Error