REINDEX .. all index dispear only in dataenvironment ?!
Author Message
 REINDEX .. all index dispear only in dataenvironment ?!

Hi,
My app crashed last night..
and a table was corrupt.. (more specific.. the index was corrupt)...
I tried to REINDEX the table..
all seen to be okay...
but a can view index in the data environment... (for create relation)..
why ???!! ..
the table is so big.. (many record.. many fields.. many index..)
i don't want to recreate-it..

any suggestion?

I use VFP6.. with SP4.. Win2k .. 128Mo ram..

thanks in advance..
Pat

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 REINDEX .. all index dispear only in dataenvironment ?!
Patrick,
Try the VALIDATE DATABASE RECOVER command.  A warning however: This
command will delete indexes if they don't match the .DBC so make a
complete backup of all of the files associated with the database first.
After the VALLIDATE, re-create any indexes that were deleted.

Good luck,
Keith

Quote:

> Hi,
> My app crashed last night..
> and a table was corrupt.. (more specific.. the index was corrupt)...
> I tried to REINDEX the table..
> all seen to be okay...
> but a can view index in the data environment... (for create
relation)..
> why ???!! ..
> the table is so big.. (many record.. many fields.. many index..)
> i don't want to recreate-it..

> any suggestion?

> I use VFP6.. with SP4.. Win2k .. 128Mo ram..

> thanks in advance..
> Pat

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.