extracting data from foxpro2.0
Author Message
 extracting data from foxpro2.0

Is there a way to get data out of a foxpro 2.0 app into some dbf format.
( I am a newbie)

I would like to move from some old application ( foxpro 2.0) to some
windows app.

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 extracting data from foxpro2.0
Aha! You _are_ using version 2.0! That is why it won't run under
Windows. Instead of typing FOXPROX.EXE or FOX.EXE, use FOXPRO.EXE, this
should startup the non-extended version of FoxPro that should run under
Win98. I may be wrong, it's been years since I've even seen version 2.0.

You should try to run it under version 2.6, either DOS or Windows, they
both work fine under Win98 and should require little if any
modifications to get it to work in the DOS version.

Quote:

> Is there a way to get data out of a foxpro 2.0 app into some dbf format.
> ( I am a newbie)

> I would like to move from some old application ( foxpro 2.0) to some
> windows app.

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 extracting data from foxpro2.0
Tobias

The data tables of 2.0 can be read by any later version of Fox. All the VFP
versions will read data tables back to dBase II.

USE <table>

That's it. Just be aware that VFP 5.0 and later will ask you if you want to
convert the table format. Answer YES.

The COPY TO ... command in the later versions let you re-write the table to
the older, 2.x table, format.

best...

Quote:

--
Shar Feldheim, President
PC Software, INC  - Visual Foxpro Application Development

Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC - extracting data from Access .MDB file

2. Extracting data to excel

3. extracting data from a foxapp?

4. Extract data from delimited text file

5. Messaging and Workflow apps with VFP (aka Extracting data from Exchange)

6. Extract data from MS Excel spreadsheet to Foxpro 2.6 dbf format

7. How to extract the difference data records from two similar tables

8. Extract binary data from a file

9. Extracting data from remote Sql View

10. Extracting Data from Grids

11. Extract Data From a Cursor Into a Textbox

12. Extracting Grid Values for Reports