How can you SQL select buffered tables
Author Message
 How can you SQL select buffered tables

I'm having a problem where the results from an SQL SELECT statement
are returning nothing, despite knowing there is data in the table.

Here's the situation:

I have a table that is being accessed from a current form.  The table,
tw_names, has buffermode = 5 (optimistic table buffering).  If upon
adding a record, I browse the table, the data exists.  However,
if I perform

     SELECT * FROM tw_names INTO CURSOR curTW_names

the resultant cursor is empty.  Apparently, SELECT will not work on
buffered records.  I guess I could use Xbase commands, but I'd really
like to keep this exercise simple.  My objective is to load a
listbox with the generated list.

Tom

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How can you SQL select buffered tables

Tom,

Are you sure you have done a TABLEUPDATE() before doing the SELECT??
If you have not, then I feel you are getting proper result.

If you have, then I would agree that this is not cool.

Jim N

Quote:
> I'm having a problem where the results from an SQL SELECT statement
> are returning nothing, despite knowing there is data in the table.

> Here's the situation:

> I have a table that is being accessed from a current form.  The table,
> tw_names, has buffermode = 5 (optimistic table buffering).  If upon
> adding a record, I browse the table, the data exists.  However,
> if I perform

>      SELECT * FROM tw_names INTO CURSOR curTW_names

> the resultant cursor is empty.  Apparently, SELECT will not work on
> buffered records.  I guess I could use Xbase commands, but I'd really
> like to keep this exercise simple.  My objective is to load a
> listbox with the generated list.

> Tom

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How can you SQL select buffered tables

Quote:
>>  However,

if I perform

     SELECT * FROM tw_names INTO CURSOR curTW_names

the resultant cursor is empty. <<

Tom,
You could TableUpdate() first.
-Anders

--

06/29/97 22:18
---------

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL-Select on buffered tables

2. SQL Select & Table Buffering

3. Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

4. Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

5. SQL-Select from table-buffered cursor

6. How can you SQL Select buffered tables

7. SQL Select from Buffered Table

8. Table buffering and SQL SELECT and DE

9. Update SQL On Buffer Mode Override = Optimistic Table Buffering

10. - How to SELECT from table buffered view without issuing TABLEUPDATE

11. SELECT from a view with table buffering question

12. SELECT on buffered tables