HELP!
Author Message
 HELP!

I am a newbie at this foxpro stuff.
I am writing a program that needs to search a database for certain
criteria entered by the user. So far I have the programs able to read
the criteria but i have no idea on how to use this to do a search on
a database (.dbf file)
Any suggestions?
Thanks
[M]

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!

THere are the LOCATE, CONTINUE, SEEK, LOOKUP and SELECT functions and
commands.
SELECT tablealias
LOCATE FOR criteria
IF FOUND()
ENDIF

CONTINUE will repeat the seach from that last Found() position.

SEEK and SEEK() will only work after setting an index order and will find
the first record. It'll return .T. of successful.
LOOKUP() doesn't require an index order being set; it will search for a
matching record and return a data from a column id succesful.
This command will return all matching records as a named temporary cursor
table or as an array.  _TALLY will return the number of rows found.
-Anders

Quote:

>I am a newbie at this foxpro stuff.
>I am writing a program that needs to search a database for certain
>criteria entered by the user. So far I have the programs able to read
>the criteria but i have no idea on how to use this to do a search on
>a database (.dbf file)
>Any suggestions?
>Thanks
>[M]

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!

RTM.  Look up SEEK, LOCATE

--
Donald

Quote:

>I am a newbie at this foxpro stuff.
>I am writing a program that needs to search a database for certain
>criteria entered by the user. So far I have the programs able to read
>the criteria but i have no idea on how to use this to do a search on
>a database (.dbf file)
>Any suggestions?
>Thanks
>[M]

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!

Don't forget the LOOKUP() function!

Quote:
> I am a newbie at this foxpro stuff.
> I am writing a program that needs to search a database for certain
> criteria entered by the user. So far I have the programs able to read
> the criteria but i have no idea on how to use this to do a search on
> a database (.dbf file)
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> [M]

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!

or SQL SELECT or querybuilder.

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:35:44 -0500, "Donald Orphanidys"

Quote:

>RTM.  Look up SEEK, LOCATE

>--
>Donald

>>I am a newbie at this foxpro stuff.
>>I am writing a program that needs to search a database for certain
>>criteria entered by the user. So far I have the programs able to read
>>the criteria but i have no idea on how to use this to do a search on
>>a database (.dbf file)
>>Any suggestions?
>>Thanks
>>[M]

*--------------> FNKSHN for FoxPro 2.x, 3.0, 5.0
http://w3.nai.net/~perfecto/fnkshn.html
Coming Soon: FNKSHN 1.2 The Final FNKSHN library for 2.x
             ObjectSHN 1.2 The Object-Oriented version of FNKSHN
*--------------> FNKSHN for FoxPro 2.x, 3.0, 5.0

Thu, 31 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP,HELP,HELP need help fast

2. HELP HELP HELP HELP

3. Help Help Help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Help!Help!Help!

5. HELP, HELP, HELP!

6. Help, help, help! The grid again :(

7. help, help help...

8. !HELP HELP HELP VFP5.0 OLE PROBLEM

9. VFP5 as DDE Server HELP!HELP!HELP!

10. HELP!HELP!HELP! RESOURCE FILE

11. COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

12. ! HELP HELP HELP VFP5.0 OLE PROBLEM