VFP 8 Cursor Adapters
Author Message
 VFP 8 Cursor Adapters

I have a class library of cursor adapters for my application, I want to be
able to add them to my form's data environment at design time - but I get an
error along the lines of "class is invalid for container". I can go to the
data environment and add in new adapters, setting up the details as
required, but I cannot select the ones I have in my VCX. I could instantiate
them at runtime but I really want them at design time so that I select data
sources for controls directly.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 21:22:14 GMT
 VFP 8 Cursor Adapters
Adam,
Do you have any data environments of a form Saved As a DataEnvironment class
in a class library.  Such a class can be added to other forms by setting the
forms DEClassLibrary and DEClass properties. The tables and views of the
class will then show up in the DE of the form so you can drag and drop
fields and table onto the form.
-Anders

Quote:
> I have a class library of cursor adapters for my application, I want to be
> able to add them to my form's data environment at design time - but I get
an
> error along the lines of "class is invalid for container". I can go to the
> data environment and add in new adapters, setting up the details as
> required, but I cannot select the ones I have in my VCX. I could
instantiate
> them at runtime but I really want them at design time so that I select
data
> sources for controls directly.

> Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:46:47 GMT
 VFP 8 Cursor Adapters
I have worked out that if you right click the DE, select build and choose
cursor, you are able to select a pre-defined adapter from a VCX.

Quote:
> Adam,
> Do you have any data environments of a form Saved As a DataEnvironment
class
> in a class library.  Such a class can be added to other forms by setting
the
> forms DEClassLibrary and DEClass properties. The tables and views of the
> class will then show up in the DE of the form so you can drag and drop
> fields and table onto the form.
> -Anders

> > I have a class library of cursor adapters for my application, I want to
be
> > able to add them to my form's data environment at design time - but I
get
> an
> > error along the lines of "class is invalid for container". I can go to
the
> > data environment and add in new adapters, setting up the details as
> > required, but I cannot select the ones I have in my VCX. I could
> instantiate
> > them at runtime but I really want them at design time so that I select
> data
> > sources for controls directly.

> > Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:50:41 GMT
 VFP 8 Cursor Adapters

Quote:
> I have worked out that if you right click the DE, select build and choose
> cursor, you are able to select a pre-defined adapter from a VCX.

Yes, good point. It's "Builder", BTW.

-Anders

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 19:14:54 GMT
 VFP 8 Cursor Adapters
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:14:54 +0100 , "Anders Altberg"

Quote:

>> I have worked out that if you right click the DE, select build and choose
>> cursor, you are able to select a pre-defined adapter from a VCX.

>Yes, good point. It's "Builder", BTW.

>-Anders

thanks !

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:55:12 GMT

1. VFP 8 Cursor Adapter

2. VFP8: Cursor Adapter - yet another problem

3. Cursor Adapter

4. LAN Adapter Number in VFP 6.0

5. Dialup-Adapter in VFP

6. VFP 8.0 - Adapter Class

7. Network Adapters App

8. Network Adapters App

9. Display Adapters

10. Adapter Class Not Updating Data On Server Side

11. Automatic update does not work in a subclassed cursor adapter?

12. How to send cursors to vfp client from vfp automation server