Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB 
Author Message
 Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB

Hi Lee,

I tested my application according to your given tips and found that after
compiling it to EXE file it does not generates the CROSS-TAB table even I
have added VFPXTAB.PRG in my project.

Is there special way or method to use the VFPXTAB while working with EXE
file where as it works fine in design mode.

Zahid Maqsood
ICQ#: 143977294



Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:55:08 GMT  
 Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB
Hi Zahid:

Can you tell us what you are trying to accomplish?  For example, "I want to
run VFPxTab and see the data in a browse window" or I want to run VFPxTab
and send the results to a report."   Also, can you tell us want error you
receive (if any)?

I hope this helps.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>Hi Lee,
>I tested my application according to your given tips and found that after
>compiling it to EXE file it does not generates the CROSS-TAB table even I
>have added VFPXTAB.PRG in my project.
>Is there special way or method to use the VFPXTAB while working with EXE
>file where as it works fine in design mode.
>Zahid Maqsood
>ICQ#: 143977294



Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:32:36 GMT  
 Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB
Hi, Zahid!
You wrote  on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:55:08 +0500:

 ZM> I tested my application according to your given tips and found that
 ZM> after compiling it to EXE file it does not generates the CROSS-TAB
 ZM> table even I have added VFPXTAB.PRG in my project.

 ZM> Is there special way or method to use the VFPXTAB while working with
 ZM> EXE file where as it works fine in design mode.

Usualy VFP use special system variable that hold the name of crosstab
program (vfpxtab.prg by default), but you can alter this variable to point
to some other program, or even to point to nothing, by having
_genxtab=some_program_name_or_even_empty_space in config.fpw. Check your
config, and if you have something offending there, remove it. Or
alternatevly - search through all your queries and change (_genxtab) to
straight vfpxtab.prg

WBR, Igor



Sat, 03 Sep 2005 02:40:46 GMT  
 Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB
Hi Igor,

Is it possble to send me any sample code to use cross tab which wud b
generating required results in EXE file too.
At the moment i m using QPR files generated by Query generator. and want to
get the resultant table in cross tab form but not successful yet.


Quote:
> Hi, Zahid!
> You wrote  on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:55:08 +0500:

>  ZM> I tested my application according to your given tips and found that
>  ZM> after compiling it to EXE file it does not generates the CROSS-TAB
>  ZM> table even I have added VFPXTAB.PRG in my project.

>  ZM> Is there special way or method to use the VFPXTAB while working with
>  ZM> EXE file where as it works fine in design mode.

> Usualy VFP use special system variable that hold the name of crosstab
> program (vfpxtab.prg by default), but you can alter this variable to point
> to some other program, or even to point to nothing, by having
> _genxtab=some_program_name_or_even_empty_space in config.fpw. Check your
> config, and if you have something offending there, remove it. Or
> alternatevly - search through all your queries and change (_genxtab) to
> straight vfpxtab.prg

> WBR, Igor



Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:56:05 GMT  
 Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB
Hi Zahid:

< Is it possible to send me any sample code to use cross tab which would be
<generating required results in EXE file too.

This code works in an exe file created in Visual FoxPro 7.0.

I did the following:

1. I placed this code in the main file of the project:

_genxtab=HOME()+"vfpxtab.fxp"
OPEN DATABASE HOME(2)+"data\testdata.dbc"
WAIT window

SELECT Orders.order_dsc, Orders.order_net, COUNT(Orders.order_net);
 FROM testdata!orders;
 WHERE Orders.order_net > 3000;
 GROUP BY Orders.order_dsc, Orders.order_net;
 ORDER BY Orders.order_dsc, Orders.order_net;
 INTO CURSOR SYS(2015)
DO (_GENXTAB) WITH 'Query',.t.,.t.,.t.,,,,.t.,1,.f.
BROWSE NOMODIFY

2. I added the main file and Vfpxtab.prg to the project.  Vfpxtab.prg is
located in the home folder of Visual FoxPro 7.0.

3. I built the exe.

4. I ran the executable, and I see the cross tab data.

Note I am pointing to the Vfpxtab.fxp file with the first line of code in
the main program:
_genxtab=HOME()+"vfpxtab.fxp"

I hope this helps.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

<Hi Igor,

<Is it possble to send me any sample code to use cross tab which wud b
<generating required results in EXE file too.
<At the moment i m using QPR files generated by Query generator. and want to
<get the resultant table in cross tab form but not successful yet.

Quote:


> Hi, Zahid!
> You wrote  on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:55:08 +0500:

>  ZM> I tested my application according to your given tips and found that
>  ZM> after compiling it to EXE file it does not generates the CROSS-TAB
>  ZM> table even I have added VFPXTAB.PRG in my project.

>  ZM> Is there special way or method to use the VFPXTAB while working with
>  ZM> EXE file where as it works fine in design mode.

> Usualy VFP use special system variable that hold the name of crosstab
> program (vfpxtab.prg by default), but you can alter this variable to point
> to some other program, or even to point to nothing, by having
> _genxtab=some_program_name_or_even_empty_space in config.fpw. Check your
> config, and if you have something offending there, remove it. Or
> alternatevly - search through all your queries and change (_genxtab) to
> straight vfpxtab.prg

> WBR, Igor



Mon, 05 Sep 2005 03:00:00 GMT  
 Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB
Hi, Zahid!
You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:56:05 +0500:

 ZM> Is it possble to send me any sample code to use cross tab which wud b
 ZM> generating required results in EXE file too.
 ZM> At the moment i m using QPR files generated by Query generator. and
 ZM> want to get the resultant table in cross tab form but not successful
 ZM> yet.

Can you just see QPR as plain text? It is really one SQL SELECT statement
and one DO (_GENXTAB) WITH ... command, so if you exclude _GENXTAB=... From
config.fpw, OR change above QPR line to "DO VFPXTAB.prg WITH ..." than you
are OK as you already have vfpxtab compiled into exe, do you?
BTW what VFP version do you use?

WBR, Igor



Mon, 05 Sep 2005 02:59:50 GMT  
 Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB
Hi Zahid:

Did the code and the steps I sent to you work?  Did this fix the problem?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

<Hi Igor,

<Is it possble to send me any sample code to use cross tab which wud b
<generating required results in EXE file too.
<At the moment i m using QPR files generated by Query generator. and want to
<get the resultant table in cross tab form but not successful yet.



Wed, 07 Sep 2005 05:15:31 GMT  
 Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB
Thanks a lot Lee,
It worked fine. I got my problem solved. I was just missing the single line
of code in my main file for setting reference of VFPXTAB.PRG.

Thanks again.


Quote:
> Hi Zahid:

> Did the code and the steps I sent to you work?  Did this fix the problem?

> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

> Sincerely,
> Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
> Lee Mitchell

> <Hi Igor,

> <Is it possble to send me any sample code to use cross tab which wud b
> <generating required results in EXE file too.
> <At the moment i m using QPR files generated by Query generator. and want
to
> <get the resultant table in cross tab form but not successful yet.



Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:58:38 GMT  
 Problem generating CROSS-TAB table in EXE file using VFPXTAB
Hi Zahid:

Great!  I am glad you finally got this working for you, and it did not take
a lot of coding to fix the problem.

Have a great day.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>Thanks a lot Lee,
>It worked fine. I got my problem solved. I was just missing the single line
>of code in my main file for setting reference of VFPXTAB.PRG.
>Thanks again.


> Hi Zahid:

> Did the code and the steps I sent to you work?  Did this fix the problem?

> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

> Sincerely,
> Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
> Lee Mitchell

> <Hi Igor,

> <Is it possble to send me any sample code to use cross tab which wud b
> <generating required results in EXE file too.
> <At the moment i m using QPR files generated by Query generator. and want
to
> <get the resultant table in cross tab form but not successful yet.



Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:53:05 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Summing two tables into a single cross tab file

2. VFP 5.0 Cross-Tab Report works in Development but not in EXE

3. Cross Tab Tables

4. Problems with EXE files generated with Professional version of VFP 3.0b

5. problem with generated *.exe files

6. Problem with .exe file after using BUILT command in vfp5.0

7. VFP generated EXE file runs, then immediately quits

8. Behaviour of .EXE generated files

9. Generate exe file from FoxPro2.6 project

10. VPW 3.0b-generated EXE file system requirements

11. Get problem in generate EXE

12. Get problem in generate EXE

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software