Month Day Index Q.
Author Message
 Month Day Index Q.

How would you make an index on a table that went by Month + Day order. I do
not include want to use the year in the index. Thank you all for your help
getting the Birthday Report that I need would not have been possible without
this group. I am truly appreciative.

Jonathan M*

http://www.*-*-*.com/ The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:12:06 GMT
 Month Day Index Q.
Jonathan,
Assuming you have a date field that's the basis for these two values, then you could use:
INDEX ON str(month(datefield),2)+str(day(datefield),2) TAG MO_DAY
or if you prefer:
INDEX ON month(datefield)*100+day(datefield) TAG MO_DAY

Rick

Quote:

> How would you make an index on a table that went by Month + Day order. I do
> not include want to use the year in the index. Thank you all for your help
> getting the Birthday Report that I need would not have been possible without
> this group. I am truly appreciative.

> Jonathan M*

> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:18:16 GMT
 Month Day Index Q.
INDEX ON RIGHT(DTOS(Birthday),4) TAG BDay

 - Rush

Quote:
> How would you make an index on a table that went by Month + Day order. I
do
> not include want to use the year in the index. Thank you all for your help
> getting the Birthday Report that I need would not have been possible
without
> this group. I am truly appreciative.

> Jonathan M*

News==----
Newsgroups

=---

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:32:28 GMT

1. Last day for the month

2. Number of days in specified month

3. DAY() MONTH() Birthday Q's.

4. First and last day of any given month.

5. First or last day of month

6. Looking for code to tell me X years, Y months Z days

7. Calculating Number of Days and Number of Months between 2 dates

8. # of days in a month/year?

9. Finding the last day of the month?

10. How to get last day of month (28, 29, 30 or 31)

11. Determining last day of a given month

12. Need calc routine for age in years,months,days