Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page
Author Message
 Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page

I'm printing to an Epson LQ 570+ dot matrix, and I keep getting this error
message.  I went to edit the report in "file" -> "page setup" and I tried
modifying the report in report designer and moved objects around and
everything.  It prints out fine on some of the other printers in the office.
I'm about to throw the computer out the window!  Can anybody help?

Tom

Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page
I've run across this problem w/horizontal lines. Try shrinking them a bit.
Also, don't forget that stuff can get hidden underneath the report band
bars. Make sure there isn't something "under there" that you've missed.

If that doesn't work. Try to move all report items in from the edges -
dramatically. If that works, caress them back towards the edges until the
report fails - hopefully you'll find the offending object.

Good Luck (it's stupid stuff like this that can really drive you up a wall!)
JD

Quote:
> I'm printing to an Epson LQ 570+ dot matrix, and I keep getting this error
> message.  I went to edit the report in "file" -> "page setup" and I tried
> modifying the report in report designer and moved objects around and
> everything.  It prints out fine on some of the other printers in the
office.
> I'm about to throw the computer out the window!  Can anybody help?

> Tom

Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page
Don't throw the computer out the window, toss the printer instead<g>. I
assume you have reduced the size of the detail band? The allowable size of
the detail band will change slightly when you select different printers.
What works on a laserjet may not work on the Epson or vice versa. You will
probably have to find the max detail band size that works with all printers
and not exceed that.

Another option is to redesign the report so it doesn't use such a large
detail band.

Quote:
> I'm printing to an Epson LQ 570+ dot matrix, and I keep getting this error
> message.  I went to edit the report in "file" -> "page setup" and I tried
> modifying the report in report designer and moved objects around and
> everything.  It prints out fine on some of the other printers in the
office.
> I'm about to throw the computer out the window!  Can anybody help?

> Tom

Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page
I ran into this recently with a HP laserjet 5.

Changing the margins (to be a bit bigger) fixed it for me.

HTH

Walter

Quote:
> I'm printing to an Epson LQ 570+ dot matrix, and I keep getting this error
> message.  I went to edit the report in "file" -> "page setup" and I tried
> modifying the report in report designer and moved objects around and
> everything.  It prints out fine on some of the other printers in the
office.
> I'm about to throw the computer out the window!  Can anybody help?

> Tom

Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page
The error message comes from the Report.FRX, it is NOT related to the "Page
setup".

Open your report.frx, adjust the detail line or objects in the detail line.
Should it happen that you have objects that are too long, dbl click on the
object and check the box "Allow to STRETCH" for that object.

best

Quote:

--
Shar Feldheim, President
PC Software,INC - Visual Foxpro Application Development

Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page
I allowed for stretch but for some reason every time I select the Epson LQ
570+, it always reverts back to 8 1/2 width.  The odd thing is that it keeps
giving me "detail band is too large to fit on page" even after I change the
width and height.  I am using this to create a custom size label (can't use
the labels, have to use reports because we don't have avery size labels).
This ONLY occurs when using the Epson.  It seems to work with other
printers.  I tried going to the Epson homepage to download a new driver, but
it says to use the driver provided by Windows 98, which is the currently the
driver I'm using.

Quote:
> The error message comes from the Report.FRX, it is NOT related to the
"Page
> setup".

> Open your report.frx, adjust the detail line or objects in the detail
line.
> Should it happen that you have objects that are too long, dbl click on the
> object and check the box "Allow to STRETCH" for that object.

> best

> > I'm printing to an Epson LQ 570+ dot matrix, and I keep getting this
error
> > message.  I went to edit the report in "file" -> "page setup" and I
tried
> > modifying the report in report designer and moved objects around and
> > everything.  It prints out fine on some of the other printers in the
office.
> > I'm about to throw the computer out the window!  Can anybody help?

> > Tom

> --
> Shar Feldheim, President
> PC Software,INC - Visual Foxpro Application Development
> "January 1, 2000 Happy New Year! Oops, lights out..."
>  Web Site: threedub.com

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

2. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

3. Page Header Band too large to fit on page

4. summary band is too large to fit on page

5. Printing Detail band wont fit...!!!!

6. Detail line to big too fit on page - error

7. Summary band too large to fit

8. Detail band too large

9. detail band too large

10. Detail band is too large to fit on page?

11. Detail Band is Too Large

12. Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a