Not enough memory to complete this task
Author Message
 Not enough memory to complete this task

Hi Everyone,
This is a real mystery.
VFP 6.0 SP5 OS = XP Pro 256 Meg Memory Plenty of disk space. Running an EXE
HP LaserJet 9000dn printers 64 Meg of Memory in each.  Printing Direct to
Printer
Error 'not enough memory to complete this task'
No hint as to who/what is issuing the message as there is no caption on the
window.
At the same time - Screen goes totally bonkers and the only thing left is
task manager to exit the program.
Printing usually 15,000 to 20,000 pages at a time.
These are banking statements.
Header File - Detail File joined by SQL Select and printed from the
resulting cursor.
Statement can be 2 to (have had as high as) 57 pages.
3 report forms --- Page1 Page2 PageNDuplexed
All the Report Forms contain the appropriate commands for the printer in the
Expr field. Page2 and PageNDuplexed
are exactly the same report form with the only difference being the commands
in the Expr field to duplex.
We know what belongs to each page and the total number of pages to be
printed. (nNumPages)
The following are wrapped in a CASE statement that looks at the total number
of pages and issues the
appropriate printing commands.
Page 1 needs to be printed from tray 2 and is printed on a pre-printed form.
Page 2 -> n needs be printed from tray 3 and is printed on plain paper.
Page 1 is totally different in format from the other pages -- name and
address and the like plus some detail.
CASE nNumPages = 2
Report Form Page1 to print for page_is = 1
Report Form Page2 to print for page_is = 2
CASE nNumPages >2 .and. MOD(nNumPages,2) > 0 && Odd Number of Pages
Report Form Page1 to print for page_is = 1
Report Form PageNDuplexed to print for page_is > 1
CASE nNumPages >2 .and. MOD(nNumPages,2) = 0 && Even Number of Pages
Report Form Page1 to print for page_is = 1
Report Form PageNDuplexed to print for page_is > 1 .and. page_is <=
nNumPages -1
Report Form Page2 to print for page_is = nNumPages
The whole thing blows up when you reach 4000 to 4500 pages printed.
Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here and point me in a
direction to start looking for what could be
causing this huge memory leak?
Thanks So Much In Advance
Don Wobig

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:41:22 GMT
 Not enough memory to complete this task

Don,

Sounds pretty complicated. Be sure you have the latest video and printer
drivers. Any way you could print in smaller batches?

http://mdsn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro  http://foxcentral.net

Quote:
> Hi Everyone,
> The whole thing blows up when you reach 4000 to 4500 pages printed.
> Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here and point me in a
> direction to start looking for what could be
> causing this huge memory leak?
> Thanks So Much In Advance
> Don Wobig

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:06:56 GMT
 Not enough memory to complete this task

Hi Cindy,
We know the printer driver is the latest (couple months ago got it from the
HP site)
Have to check on the Video. Motherboard is Intel and less than a year old.
Good thought
Printing in smaller batches  may be an option, however I am not very fond of
it.
Do you think anyone at MS would get involved with this?  This app runs to
produce 90% of our revenue.
Most everyone ( well at least so far) is saying it is the HP driver  and its
interaction with VFP. (Dread that thought but I am going to do some
experimenting to see if it is true)  That begs the question as to what would
happen if the app was in VB? (Don't like that thought either)
Thanks for the input.  Someplace along the line there is an answer that will
solve this, I am sure.  Right now I just don't know were to look anymore.
Can I be the only one in the world trying to print something like this and
in these quantities using VFP?  I doubt that too.

Don

Quote:
> Don,

> Sounds pretty complicated. Be sure you have the latest video and printer
> drivers. Any way you could print in smaller batches?

> --
> Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

> http://mdsn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro  http://foxcentral.net

> > Hi Everyone,
> > The whole thing blows up when you reach 4000 to 4500 pages printed.
> > Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here and point me in a
> > direction to start looking for what could be
> > causing this huge memory leak?
> > Thanks So Much In Advance
> > Don Wobig

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:29:06 GMT
 Not enough memory to complete this task
I'm sure they would if you paid for a support call.

http://mdsn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro  http://foxcentral.net

> Do you think anyone at MS would get involved with this?  This app runs to
> produce 90% of our revenue.

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:54:49 GMT
 Not enough memory to complete this task
Thanks Cindy,
I think that is a good next step.
Don

Quote:
> I'm sure they would if you paid for a support call.

> --
> Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

> http://mdsn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro  http://foxcentral.net

> > Do you think anyone at MS would get involved with this?  This app runs
> > produce 90% of our revenue.

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:46:58 GMT

1. VFP7 will not open (There is not enough memory to complete this operation)

2. not enough memory to complete this operation

3. error - There is not enough memory to complete operation

4. Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0

5. Not enough memory to complete operation

6. There is not enough memory to complete this operation

7. Not enough memory to complete operation...

8. Not enough memory error message - but there is plenty of memory

9. FPW2.5: "not enough memory"

10. Error 1150 Not enough memory for file map.

11. Not enough memory under FPW 2.6

12. Not enough memory