'Greyed' areas when viewing a form
Author Message
 'Greyed' areas when viewing a form

Quote:

> How do I stop the text boxes and check boxes from being greyed out on a
> read only form? I don't want the user to edit the form, but it's difficult
> to read with the data greyed out.

> Iain Hamilton
> CFB Borden
> Ontario, Canada

It much depends on which way you made the object greyed out. By setting
Object.ReadOnly=.t. or Object.Enabled=.f.?

You should have Object.ReadOnly=.t., and also Object.Enabled=.t.!!!
Check out also Object.BackStyle

Anyway, if for some reason you want to set Object.Enabled=.f., you can
still set the colors as you wish. That is, if you want the object to be
desabled, but you want it to "look" as if it were enabled (but still not
editable), you can set

Object.DisabledBackColor=THIS.BACKCOLOR
Object.DisabledForeColor=THIS.FORECOLOR

If you set the above properties from the Properties window, do not write
any color RGB number in the DisabledBackColor/DisabledForeColor fields
nor choose the color setting from the color palette! Instead write
"=THIS.BACKCOLOR" or "=THIS.FORECOLOR" into the appropriate field. This
way you will ensure that the color setting is taken form the Windows
system...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Loris Antonangeli, University of Oulu (Finland)
phone: +358-8-5565456, +358-40-5015645

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~loris/loris.htm

Messages FOR FREE straight to my GSM-phone - follow instructions:
1) Go to http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
2) Choose Network "Finland Telecom Finland 35840"
3) Enter my gsm-phone number +358405015645
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Ennen olin ep?varma - nyt en oikein tied?...

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'Greyed' areas when viewing a form
How do I stop the text boxes and check boxes from being greyed out on a
read only form? I don't want the user to edit the form, but it's difficult
to read with the data greyed out.

Iain Hamilton
CFB Borden
Ontario, Canada

Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'Greyed' areas when viewing a form
Set the disabled backcolor of the control to white.
Quote:

>How do I stop the text boxes and check boxes from being greyed out on a
>read only form? I don't want the user to edit the form, but it's difficult
>to read with the data greyed out.

>Iain Hamilton
>CFB Borden
>Ontario, Canada

Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'Greyed' areas when viewing a form

Quote:
> Set the disabled backcolor of the control to white.

And watch it blow up when the user comes along and sets the system colors
to High-Contrast Black.... The This.DisabledForeColor = This.ForeColor
solution works much better.
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
UNICOM, Providence, RI

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'Greyed' areas when viewing a form
Apparently something is wrong with your machine because this doesn't affect
mine at all.  Do your research before you flame.
Quote:

>> Set the disabled backcolor of the control to white.

>And watch it blow up when the user comes along and sets the system colors
>to High-Contrast Black.... The This.DisabledForeColor = This.ForeColor
>solution works much better.
>--
>Garrett Fitzgerald
>UNICOM, Providence, RI
>#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\StdDsclm.h"
>(ICQ: 7360952)

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'Greyed' areas when viewing a form
Apparently something is wrong with your machine because this doesn't affect
mine at all.  I agree the other solution is more elegant, but if you want to
be sure white is the color...you have to set it to white.  Do your research
before you flame.
Quote:

>> Set the disabled backcolor of the control to white.

>And watch it blow up when the user comes along and sets the system colors
>to High-Contrast Black.... The This.DisabledForeColor = This.ForeColor
>solution works much better.
>--
>Garrett Fitzgerald
>UNICOM, Providence, RI
>#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\StdDsclm.h"
>(ICQ: 7360952)

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'Greyed' areas when viewing a form

Quote:

> >> Set the disabled backcolor of the control to white.
> >And watch it blow up when the user comes along and sets the system colors
> >to High-Contrast Black....
> Apparently something is wrong with your machine because this doesn't affect
> mine at all.  Do your research before you flame.

You obviously also set the ForeColor. If you had left it as the default,
it would have gone to white, exactly matching the BackColor. I just
researched this on mine.....

Read the Windows User Interface Guidelines before _you_ flame....
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
UNICOM, Providence, RI
#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\StdDsclm.h"
(ICQ: 7360952)

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'Greyed' areas when viewing a form
Didn't touch the forecolor property...you know opinions are like {*filter*}s,
everybody has one...

Quote:

>> >And watch it blow up when the user comes along and sets the system
colors
>> >to High-Contrast Black....
>> Apparently something is wrong with your machine because this doesn't
affect
>> mine at all.  Do your research before you flame.

>You obviously also set the ForeColor. If you had left it as the default,
>it would have gone to white, exactly matching the BackColor. I just
>researched this on mine.....

>Read the Windows User Interface Guidelines before _you_ flame....
>--
>Garrett Fitzgerald
>UNICOM, Providence, RI
>#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\StdDsclm.h"
>(ICQ: 7360952)

Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Create view with AND's and OR's

2. Problem with view and 'sendUpdates'

3. 'APPEND FROM' SQL view

4. Modifying view: 'Sql expression too complex'...

5. Problem with view and 'sendUpdates'

6. Setting a parameterized view in form's Init

7. Database Views are opened exclusive in a form's data environment

8. GetFile('dbf','Filename','Select',0,'Get my file') is Slow

9. List boxes in VFP 6.0 - selected property won't set in form's init

10. VFP3 'blank' forms

11. Tax Forms -- 1099's W-2's

12. 'Drawing' on a form