****Problem with FoxPro2.6 execution on new/400MHz processor PCs****
Author Message
 ****Problem with FoxPro2.6 execution on new/400MHz processor PCs****

We have a problem with FoxPro2.6 on new PCs;  common element with the PCs is a
400 MHz processor.

The problem is when we first try to open FoxPro, the message displayed is an
error has occurred, Close and Ignore are the button choices given.  When
choosing Ignore, FoxPro does open into the FP desktop/command window
configuration.  If we choose Close, the GPF message window is displayed.  In
Details, it is noted FoxProw caused a divide error in module FoxProw.exe at
0001:0000flc9.

We believe the problem is related to the processor speed and would like to know
if anyone knows where we can obtain a patch and /or any other suggestions or
leads for troubleshooting.

TIA,
*** Dren ***

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ****Problem with FoxPro2.6 execution on new/400MHz processor PCs****
Quote:

> We have a problem with FoxPro2.6 on new PCs;  common element with the PCs is a
> 400 MHz processor.

<snip>

Q186834 Patch_26.exe Fixes Divide by Zero Error on Fast Computers
Patch_26.exe Fixes Divide by Zero Error on Fast Computers

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Software
Library:

   Patch_26.exe
   (http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/Patch_26.exe)

Release Date: Apr-12-1999

--
Greg Landry
Impossible Solutions Inc.

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ****Problem with FoxPro2.6 execution on new/400MHz processor PCs****
FPW2.x has a problem with computers faster than 350MHZ. Goto www.abri.com .
They have a patch or an adress to an patch.

--

mfg

Wolfgang Schmale / Germany

Quote:

> We have a problem with FoxPro2.6 on new PCs;  common element with the PCs
is a
> 400 MHz processor.

> The problem is when we first try to open FoxPro, the message displayed is
an
> error has occurred, Close and Ignore are the button choices given.  When
> choosing Ignore, FoxPro does open into the FP desktop/command window
> configuration.  If we choose Close, the GPF message window is displayed.
In
> Details, it is noted FoxProw caused a divide error in module FoxProw.exe
at
> 0001:0000flc9.

> We believe the problem is related to the processor speed and would like to
know
> if anyone knows where we can obtain a patch and /or any other suggestions
or
> leads for troubleshooting.

> TIA,
> *** Dren ***

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to stop program execution when calling a new form

2. Vfp2.6 on 400Mhz problem

3. FoxPro 2.6 and New PCs

4. Houston Programmers HAL-PC New Visual Studio .Net SIG next Tuesday

5. Discovered patch for new PCs

6. Transfer of FoxPro to New PC

7. Foxpro 2.5 for DOS - Y2K and new PC questions

8. Execution problem

9. Client Server - New Functionallity - New Problems...

10. FPW26 ?screens compatible from PC to PC

11. PC to PC Serial communications; need help

12. FoxPro 2.6 Works on 300Mhz not 400Mhz Pentium 2