Books on Visual Foxpro
Author Message
 Books on Visual Foxpro

I am fairly adept at programming in Foxprow 2.6 and would now like to
teach myself Visual Foxpro. As a starter I have obtained 'Object
Orientation in Visual Foxpro' by Savannah Brentnall which discusses the
principles of Object Orientation very well but gives little help in
programming an actual database application.

Can anyone please point me to a good starter book ?
--
Tim Hobson

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:20:06 GMT
 Books on Visual Foxpro

Tim,

Look around at www.hentzenwerke.com.  "The Fundamentals" and "Effective
Techniques" are pretty popular.

--

Cindy Winegarden
Microsoft Certified Professional, Visual FoxPro

Duke Children's Information Systems
Duke University Medical Center

| I am fairly adept at programming in Foxprow 2.6 and would now like to
| teach myself Visual Foxpro. As a starter I have obtained 'Object
| Orientation in Visual Foxpro' by Savannah Brentnall which discusses the
| principles of Object Orientation very well but gives little help in
| programming an actual database application.
|
| Can anyone please point me to a good starter book ?
| --
| Tim Hobson

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 08:06:23 GMT
 Books on Visual Foxpro

You can try with Visual FoxPro Advanced Programmer's Manual, by Jeb Long,
SAM's Publishing Co. Mine is versed on version 3, but it covers pretty well
themes ranging from the very rookie to the expert.
Mr. Long was the creator of Vulcan, a datacentric language, while he was
working at NASA's JPL, then he moved to Ashton Tate and created, based on
Vulcan, the dBase II, dBase III, etc. He is, in certain manner, the father
of xBase.
Perhaps you will need to look for more than one book, no one gives you all
the depth in all the aspects.
Carlos

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:05:29 GMT

1. Books On Visual FoxPRo 5

2. Book - Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications

3. Books for Visual FoxPro

4. Beginner's book on Visual FoxPro 3 for MAC???

5. What's a good book for beginners in Visual FoxPro 7-8

6. visual foxpro books

7. BOOK: Visual Foxpro 3 Step by Step

8. Visual Foxpro Books

9. Reccomendation for good Visual Foxpro 5 books

10. Visual FoxPro 5.0 Books?

11. BOOK: Visual Foxpro 3 Step by Step

12. Visual FoxPro Mac Book Recommendation