VFP7 will not open (There is not enough memory to complete this operation)
Author Message
 VFP7 will not open (There is not enough memory to complete this operation)

I had a crash in VFP7, and restarted my machine.
I can no longer run Foxpro at all, getting 'There is not enough memory to
complete this operation'.

I have uninstalled VFP7, deleted the VFP directory and reinstalled, after
restarting my machine, but can still not get rid of the error.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:31:45 GMT
 VFP7 will not open (There is not enough memory to complete this operation)
Since you have uninstalled/re-installed, the only thing I can think of is to try to run the VFPCLEAN.APP program in the VFP7 home folder. Since you can not launch VFP, try double-clicking on this file to see if it will run. You might try uninstall again, then clear out any files in the "C:\Documents and Settings\YourLoginID\Application Data\Microsoft\Visual FoxPro" folder. Then install again.
Quote:

> I had a crash in VFP7, and restarted my machine.
> I can no longer run Foxpro at all, getting 'There is not enough memory to
> complete this operation'.

> I have uninstalled VFP7, deleted the VFP directory and reinstalled, after
> restarting my machine, but can still not get rid of the error.

> Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:23:57 GMT
 VFP7 will not open (There is not enough memory to complete this operation)
Brett,

If you can't fix it as Mark says then maybe you can try with a tool like
Norton Utilities which will clear all your errors in the registry.
As a second thought why don't you check and the physical memory of the
computer. Might have a problem that caused your first VFP crash (who
knows?).

Demetrios, Greece

Quote:
> I had a crash in VFP7, and restarted my machine.
> I can no longer run Foxpro at all, getting 'There is not enough memory to
> complete this operation'.

> I have uninstalled VFP7, deleted the VFP directory and reinstalled, after
> restarting my machine, but can still not get rid of the error.

> Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:41:56 GMT

1. not enough memory to complete this operation

2. error - There is not enough memory to complete operation

3. Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0

4. Not enough memory to complete operation

5. There is not enough memory to complete this operation

6. Not enough memory to complete operation...

7. Not enough memory to complete this task

8. VFP 3.0 - Not enough memory for this operation!?

9. Not enough memory error message - but there is plenty of memory

10. "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"

11. "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"

12. FPW2.5: "not enough memory"