Help - "Picture too big..."
Author Message
 Help - "Picture too big..."

I am using VFP5.  I have a form with a bit map picture in it that I am using
to display the customer logo during logon to the app.  When I try to insert
the picure I get the error message "Picture too big, corrupt, or wrong format"

This same action (same form, same picture) works just fine in VFP3.

According to the knowledge base, this problem is supposed to be unique to
FPW2.6 and is not supposed to happen in VFP.

I am stumped.  It works in 3.0 but not in 5.0.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Glen Mettler

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help - "Picture too big..."
Glen,
.BMP files come in (at least) four different versions - Windows or O/S 2 and
Standard or Run Length Encoded (RLE). I've found that VFP 5.0/6.0 doesn't
like either version of the RLE bit mapped files. You may have to get a
graphic program that will convert (and probably expand) the file - I use
PaintShop Pro.

Rick

Quote:

>I am using VFP5.  I have a form with a bit map picture in it that I am
using
>to display the customer logo during logon to the app.  When I try to insert
>the picure I get the error message "Picture too big, corrupt, or wrong
format"

>This same action (same form, same picture) works just fine in VFP3.

>According to the knowledge base, this problem is supposed to be unique to
>FPW2.6 and is not supposed to happen in VFP.

>I am stumped.  It works in 3.0 but not in 5.0.  Any suggestions?

>Thanks

>Glen Mettler

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP5 _screen= "my background picture" help

2. String too long in PICTURE "@M"

3. PICTURE "@2K"? (FoxPro)

4. Image "Picture" property question

5. "Help" help

6. help - the "help" command does nothing

7. Displaying BMP "picture too big, corrupt or wrong format"

8. "Picture too big, corrupt or wrong format" message

9. Q: Error Message " Picture Too Big, Corrupt or Wrong Format"

10. help: "growing" a window

11. MSDN Help "grayed out"

12. HELP: "Variable xyz not found"