printing report VERY SLOW. Help!
Author Message
 printing report VERY SLOW. Help!

Hi,
I have a project using VFP3 and all reports sent to the printer are printing
at a very very low speed. I use report form method to print and I am sure it
is nothing to do with the printer (the printer is AMT 535 which is a high
speed printer).
Did I miss out any setting in the program ???? Please help

TQ.
Wilson

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 printing report VERY SLOW. Help!

Hi there.....
I suspect that you have got your windows settings to print to a spooler
or some such.....

Set your printer enviroment to "print directly to printer"
(these things can be found in
Start->settings->printers->myprinter etc...)

right click your printer.... check all the 'spool settings'
other thought..... you may have a dud printer driver??
Hope this helps
Derek

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a project using VFP3 and all reports sent to the printer are
printing
> at a very very low speed. I use report form method to print and I am sure
it
> is nothing to do with the printer (the printer is AMT 535 which is a high
> speed printer).
> Did I miss out any setting in the program ???? Please help

> TQ.
> Wilson

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 printing report VERY SLOW. Help!

PS....
Is this a dot-matrix printer Wilson?

If so... make sure its not set in NLQ mode.....
or it will print until christmas...

To check if it is.....
Just before print..... send it this:-

Set print on
?? chr(27)+chr(18)
Set print off

OR

??? chr(27)+chr(18)
??? ""
It should then print at top speed!
Good luck
Derek.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a project using VFP3 and all reports sent to the printer are
printing
> at a very very low speed. I use report form method to print and I am sure
it
> is nothing to do with the printer (the printer is AMT 535 which is a high
> speed printer).
> Did I miss out any setting in the program ???? Please help

> TQ.
> Wilson

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 printing report VERY SLOW. Help!
Hi Derek
It is a dot-matrix printer but I set it to draft mode.
However, you had mentioned in earlier the spool setting in printer property.
I had tried and the result was same.
TQ
Wilson Teo

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 printing report VERY SLOW. Help!

Wilson,
Are you using a Windows printer driver? (This will likely convert everthing
to graphics mode.) Try using the Generic / Text Only driver.

Rick

Quote:
> Hi Derek
> It is a dot-matrix printer but I set it to draft mode.
> However, you had mentioned in earlier the spool setting in printer
property.
> I had tried and the result was same.
> TQ
> Wilson Teo

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 printing report VERY SLOW. Help!

Hi Wilson

Another "speed killer" with dot matrix printers are the graphical fonts. Be
sure, that your printout only contains printers built in fonts then.

HTH
MArkus

Quote:
> Hi Derek
> It is a dot-matrix printer but I set it to draft mode.
> However, you had mentioned in earlier the spool setting in printer
property.
> I had tried and the result was same.
> TQ
> Wilson Teo

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing a report with a scanned image in fpw2.6 prints too slow

2. Print preview is not exact when slow function calls are in report

3. Report Printing to slow

4. Report prints slow

5. Foxpro Gets Slower And Slower And Slower.....

6. slow, slow, pokey slow....

7. modify remote view is slow, slow slow!

8. Printing to lpt2 or lpt3 in Fox for Dos 2.6 prints slow

9. Help: Report Form Fields print blank - reposted report form fields print blank report form fields print blank

10. Need help with Printing Report

11. help me with printing a report!

12. Slow printing with FoxBase on Novell