Edit buttons on form call to wrong work area
Author Message
 Edit buttons on form call to wrong work area

I have created a form with the form wizard and chose to add the edit
buttons. When running the form however, the edit buttons do not work
properly. The code cannot find the attached table that is in the work area
1 position. After searching through the code, I noticed that the edit
button code is looking in work area 2 which is empty. This seems to happen
on one of my computers only. When creating the same form on another
computer, the code searches in the correct work area.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mitch Casey

Wed, 06 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Edit buttons on form call to wrong work area

If you're using the WZSTYLE command buttons, then your command bar should
have a property called nWorkArea, that gets set automatically to the
selected work area--whatever that happens to be when the command bar
initializes.  I set this property myself and disabled the auto
setting--among many other changes <g>.  Copy the WZSTYLE.VC? files (if you
haven't already) and check the code in the base class txtBtns.

--

Nancy Folsom
(abqnfatdamescom--replace the word at and put a dot before the com)

Quote:

>I have created a form with the form wizard and chose to add the edit
>buttons. When running the form however, the edit buttons do not work
>properly. The code cannot find the attached table that is in the work area
>1 position. After searching through the code, I noticed that the edit

...snip

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Current work area being reset by form somehow

2. Calling button Click from SDI form menu

3. Wrong Select Area - Has Me Stumped...

4. edit text areas

5. scx file calls right table, wrong subdirectory

6. Function week works wrong since december 1998

7. What's wrong with me - easy filter in 2.5 won't work

8. SEEKing from another work area

9. Figuring out which work areas are being used.

10. when are Open work areas not open!!

11. larger work area

12. Summer FoxPro Work for Chgo Area College Student