independant report variables
Author Message
 independant report variables

What do you have in the value-to-store?  It probably should be something
like

nMyVar + 1

Quote:
> I have a report that groups data.
> I want to total up a field from the 1st record of each group.
> I tried setting up a report variable which calulates 'Nothing' and is
> 'Reset at' 'End of Report'.
> In the Group Header 'On entry' I put the code to add the current field
> value to the report variable.
> The problem here is that although I specified calculate nothing AND
> reset at end of report, the displayed value is always the 'Value to
> store' I know that the On entry code is executing because I
> intentionally placed an error in the code and the error hits.

> It appears that the variable is re-initialized on every record, even
> though I specified End of Report.

> So what I need to know is either what I am doing wrong or how to do
> any kind of customs calculations that span the entire report if
> variables are reset on every record ?

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. resolution-independant forms

2. Multiple Independant windows on FPW2.6

3. Field based on report's variable

4. VFP-Reports, passing variables

5. 2.6 Report Variables Question

6. Pre-processing report variables in FPW2.6?

7. Q: Report MEMORY variables

8. Variable page length in report form? (FP2.5DOS)

9. Variable band size in a report?

10. Passing variable into Report Wizard.

11. Using variables created in .prg program in Reports

12. Problems with Report Variables