error 283
Author Message
 error 283

I make a setup wizard and when i install the disk1, give me a error:

Setup error 283
object8

WHY?

Thank you

Luis

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 error 283
Luis,

Which version?
If you're using Vfp6, you may need to apply ServicePack3

-Stefan

Quote:
> I make a setup wizard and when i install the disk1, give me a error:

> Setup error 283
> object8

> WHY?

> Thank you

> Luis

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 error 283

Quote:
> Which version?
> If you're using Vfp6, you may need to apply ServicePack3

Why not SP4 ?

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 error 283
My version is:  06.00.8167.00
Where i can find SP3 or SP4?

Thank you

Luis

Quote:
> Luis,

> Which version?
> If you're using Vfp6, you may need to apply ServicePack3

> -Stefan

> > I make a setup wizard and when i install the disk1, give me a error:

> > Setup error 283
> > object8

> > WHY?

> > Thank you

> > Luis

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 error 283
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp

Greetings,

Ko

Quote:
> My version is:  06.00.8167.00
> Where i can find SP3 or SP4?

> Thank you

> Luis

> > Luis,

> > Which version?
> > If you're using Vfp6, you may need to apply ServicePack3

> > -Stefan

> > > I make a setup wizard and when i install the disk1, give me a error:

> > > Setup error 283
> > > object8

> > > WHY?

> > > Thank you

> > > Luis

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 error 283

Quote:
> > Which version?
> > If you're using Vfp6, you may need to apply ServicePack3

> Why not SP4 ?

Hi Ko,

Oldfashioned typo. SP3 was the one fixing a lot of problems including a few
related to the SetupWizard but of course you're right and SP3 is contained
in SP4.

On the other hand that typo may have happened because personally I was
disappointed by SP4 as it can't compare with that big step forward we made
with SP3. While everybody is waiting for Vfp7 (which is already finished as
the rumours say), I would have expected more.

After reading your post I had a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates.asp Surprisingly SP3 is
still available, whatever that means.

Groetjens
-Stefan

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP 5/6 distribution error - #283, object 9

2. Error 1958 Error loading printer driver.

3. Internal consistancy error(error 1000)

4. Connectivity error:[Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager]Function sequence error

5. Error message "Virtual Function Error"

6. Unable to process error, Unknown error code

7. Error 1574 - Error initializing Application object

8. Unknown error code / Unable to process error

9. ProMatrix - Error 1733 - Session Error

10. Error accessing printer spooler (Error 1957)

11. Error trapping within my ON ERROR routine

12. Error 12 - Variable is not found error