Q: VFP3 ... Extract Data environment from a form ????
Author Message
 Q: VFP3 ... Extract Data environment from a form ????

Is there a way to extract the data environment portion of a form into either

a view, or code. Having built a form (or two) I'm saving them as classes and

loosing the (rather complex) dataenvironment in the process. What I'd like to

do is to either open a view in the class (nee form's) init method, or insert

the code required to imitate the former environment. Does VFP5 do things

differently ?. Why would I loose the dataenvironment anyway, (what's wrong with

static data in a class definition ????)..

Thanks in advance ........... :-)

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: VFP3 ... Extract Data environment from a form ????

Arnon Gal-Oz has published a DE Extractor.
-A

Quote:

>Is there a way to extract the data environment portion of a form into
either

>a view, or code. Having built a form (or two) I'm saving them as classes
and

>loosing the (rather complex) dataenvironment in the process. What I'd like

>do is to either open a view in the class (nee form's) init method, or
insert

>the code required to imitate the former environment. Does VFP5 do things

>differently ?. Why would I loose the dataenvironment anyway, (what's wrong
with

>static data in a class definition ????)..

>Thanks in advance ........... :-)

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: VFP3 ... Extract Data environment from a form ????

the de extractor sounds like a good idea.  but typically i design a
class and use that as my form template that way i can use a de in
there.  it is kind of annoying that you can't but de info in a class.
what's more annoying is that you can't directly subclass (ie
rightclick-subclass this) rather than having to change your default
form everysingle time.

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 20:00:25 +0100, "Anders Altberg"

Quote:

>Arnon Gal-Oz has published a DE Extractor.
>-A

>>Is there a way to extract the data environment portion of a form into either
>>a view, or code. Having built a form (or two) I'm saving them as classes and
>>loosing the (rather complex) dataenvironment in the process. What I'd like to
>>do is to either open a view in the class (nee form's) init method, or insert
>>the code required to imitate the former environment. Does VFP5 do things
>>differently ?. Why would I loose the dataenvironment anyway, (what's wrong with
>>static data in a class definition ????)..

*--------------> FNKSHN for FoxPro 2.x, 3.0, 5.0
http://w3.nai.net/~perfecto/fnkshn.html
Coming Soon: FNKSHN 1.2 The Final FNKSHN library for 2.x
             ObjectSHN 1.2 The Object-Oriented version of FNKSHN
*--------------> FNKSHN for FoxPro 2.x, 3.0, 5.0

Thu, 31 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP 5.0 Form,Data Environment, Data Session

2. VFP3.0 Report data environments

3. VFP 6.0 : FLOCK() in Data environment in Form

4. VFP 6.0 : FLOCK() in Data environment in Form

5. Data environment of a form necessary ?

6. VFP 5.0 Forms & Data Environment

7. Alias in form data environment

8. Changing the Data Environment for a Form

9. Data environment in forms

10. Using form Data Environment

11. Changing Data Environment w/Grid Forms

12. Missing fields in form's Data Environment