Help with optimization
Author Message
 Help with optimization

I have several tables involved in a join.

I simplified the query down to a two-table join on one field, but
SYS(3054, 11) still reports "Optimization: None" when I run it on my
machine.

SET("OPTIMIZATION") = .T.

Running it from two other machines against my shared directory reports
full optimization in VFP5 and VFP6.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on? I don't.......
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
UNICOM, Providence, RI

Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with optimization
Garrett,

Do you have an index on DELETED()?

Independent Consultant

>I have several tables involved in a join.

>I simplified the query down to a two-table join on one field, but
>SYS(3054, 11) still reports "Optimization: None" when I run it on my
>machine.

>SET("OPTIMIZATION") = .T.

>Running it from two other machines against my shared directory reports
>full optimization in VFP5 and VFP6.

>Does anyone have a clue what's going on? I don't.......
>--
>Garrett Fitzgerald
>UNICOM, Providence, RI
>#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\StdDsclm.h"

Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with optimization
Post the query for us to look at.

Ron

Quote:

>I have several tables involved in a join.

>I simplified the query down to a two-table join on one field, but
>SYS(3054, 11) still reports "Optimization: None" when I run it on my
>machine.

>SET("OPTIMIZATION") = .T.

>Running it from two other machines against my shared directory reports
>full optimization in VFP5 and VFP6.

>Does anyone have a clue what's going on? I don't.......
>--
>Garrett Fitzgerald
>UNICOM, Providence, RI
>#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\StdDsclm.h"

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with optimization

Quote:

> >Running it from two other machines against my shared directory reports
> >full optimization in VFP5 and VFP6.
> Post the query for us to look at.

The query is about as basic as you can get, so that shouldn't be a
problem. As I mention above, two other machines report full optimization,
so I think it has to be a problem with my configuration. I just don't
know how to track it down, since "Rushmore optimization" is checked in my
options.....
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
UNICOM, Providence, RI
#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\StdDsclm.h"

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with optimization
Since you don't seem to want to share any details, all I can make is a
shot in the dark.

check set('deleted') is it the same on all the machines?

my guess would be that you do not have an index on deleted()
and that the machines reporting full optimization the
set deleted is off and on the other machine set deleted is on

and no it does not matter if there are any deleted records or not.
if set deleted is on vfp still has to look.

Jacob Bruner
ClassyComponents

Quote:

>I have several tables involved in a join.

>I simplified the query down to a two-table join on one field, but
>SYS(3054, 11) still reports "Optimization: None" when I run it on my
>machine.

>SET("OPTIMIZATION") = .T.

>Running it from two other machines against my shared directory reports
>full optimization in VFP5 and VFP6.

>Does anyone have a clue what's going on? I don't.......

Wed, 05 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with optimization

Quote:

> >Running it from two other machines against my shared directory reports
> >full optimization in VFP5 and VFP6.
> Post the query for us to look at.

The query is about as basic as you can get, so that shouldn't be a
problem. As I mention above, two other machines report full optimization,
so I think it has to be a problem with my configuration. I just don't
know how to track it down, since "Rushmore optimization" is checked in my
options.....
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
UNICOM, Providence, RI
#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\StdDsclm.h"

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with optimization

says...

Quote:
> check set('deleted') is it the same on all the machines?

> my guess would be that you do not have an index on deleted()
> and that the machines reporting full optimization the
> set deleted is off and on the other machine set deleted is on

Nice guess, but wrong: I did create the DELETED() tag, I just forgot to
mention it. :-(
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
UNICOM, Providence, RI
#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\StdDsclm.h"

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with Rushmore Optimization

2. Optimization question

3. optimization

4. Optimization

5. FoxPro 2.6 for DOS, code optimization

6. Rushmore optimization ?

7. JOIN Optimization

8. Query Optimization

9. VFP Rushmore optimization not kicking in

10. Search optimization

11. SQL statement optimization

12. Cutting Length Optimization