Encrypt a memo field
Author Message
 Encrypt a memo field

Hi -

I am using FPW 2.6.  Is there any way to encrypt all the notes in a memo field
so that the other users on the same network cannot see these notes unless they
have some 'key'???

Thanks in advance.,,,

Shah

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Encrypt a memo field
Shah,

Look at the Cipher library by Tom Rettig.  There is a VFP 5/6 version at
http://www.takenote.com/downloads.htm.

It was originally written for FP2 so you should be able to find one for
FPW2.6, but I didn't have any luck with a quick search.

Other than that, use repeated applications of STRTRAN() and/or STUFF().
This would keep out the casual user at least.

--

Cindy Winegarden
Microsoft Certified Professional, Visual FoxPro

Duke Children's Information Systems
Duke University Medical Center

| Hi -
|
| I am using FPW 2.6.  Is there any way to encrypt all the notes in a memo
field
| so that the other users on the same network cannot see these notes unless
they
| have some 'key'???
|
| Thanks in advance.,,,
|
| Shah

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Encrypt a memo field
Thanks for the info....

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. encrypting a field in a dbf file

2. Converting Memos/Memo fields

3. Indentation of memo fields - reports vs. modify memo

4. Character Fields with encrypted Data

5. encrypting fields

6. Convert memo field in character field

7. Converting FOX Memo Field to Oracle CLOB field using SQL

8. Memo Fields and General Fields in report

9. Converting Memo fields back to Text fields

10. Error Updating SQL7 TEXT field from MEMO field

11. More detail on how to extract memo field into another memo field?

12. Using memo fields for resource information