OLE Automation of Microsoft Word
Author Message
 OLE Automation of Microsoft Word

I am creating a word document from within Visual FoxPro 6,
which is to be populated from data selected from a VFP
table.

I want the Word document to be formatted in two columns.
I have made many attempts at guessing the correct syntax
but without any success.

All other aspects of the Word Document, headers, footers,
paragraphs, text formatting, etc., are created perfectly.

Can anyone please advise what the correct syntax is?

Is there a central reference source for obtaining code for
OLE automation?

Many thanks.

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:51:17 GMT
 OLE Automation of Microsoft Word
Hi Derek:

I don't have the code for what you want to accomplish; however, I can point
you to some good sources of information on OLE automation to Word.

Anytime you want to perform OLE automation, you need to know the object
model of the application you automating.  Here is an article on the
obtaining information on the Office object model:

222101 HOWTO: Find and Use Office Object Model Documentation
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=222101

For practical examples of using OLE automation, look at a copy of
Microsoft Office Automation with Visual FoxPro by Tamar Granor and Della
Martin.

Finally, consider what version of Word you users have installed.  If you
plan on distributing this application and you write the OLE automation code
for Word XP, a user with Word 97 installed may encounter errors.

 I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>I am creating a word document from within Visual FoxPro 6,
>which is to be populated from data selected from a VFP
>table.
>I want the Word document to be formatted in two columns.
>I have made many attempts at guessing the correct syntax
>but without any success.
>All other aspects of the Word Document, headers, footers,
>paragraphs, text formatting, etc., are created perfectly.
>Can anyone please advise what the correct syntax is?
>Is there a central reference source for obtaining code for
>OLE automation?
>Many thanks.

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:29:15 GMT

1. OLE Automation of Microsoft Word

2. Visual Foxpro and microsoft Word 2000 automation

3. Word 97 OLE Automation error

4. OLE Automation, Word 9 and fast machines

5. ole Automation and Word

6. Make Word print to different printers using OLE Automation

7. Word and OLE Automation

8. Foxpro 7.0 OLE automation with Word XP.

9. VFP5 OLE Automation Error (Word '97)

10. OLE : Word Automation

11. Controlling formatting in Word OLE automation

12. Word OLE Automation / loads twice