Rich Text Format Printing
Author Message
 Rich Text Format Printing

Hello,

Does anybody know how to include rtf in a report or how can I print a form
that includes a Rich Text Box in vfp6.

Would apprecciate any answer for I've been searching everywhere and couldn't
find it.

Thanks,
Walter

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Rich Text Format Printing
I found this method to print a document from the Richtext control in the
knowledge base.  You must add the commondialog control to your form for this
work.

CommDlg1 ->Commondialog control
Richtext      -> RichText control.

cdlPDReturnDC=256
cdlPDNoPageNums=8
cdlPDSelection=1
cdlPDAllPages=0

Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = cdlPDReturnDC + cdlPDNoPageNums
If Thisform.richtext.SelLength = 0
Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags ;
+ cdlPDAllPages
Else
Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags ;
+ cdlPDSelection
EndIf
Thisform.CommDlg1.ShowPrinter
Thisform.richtext.SelPrint(Thisform.CommDlg1.hDC)

Quote:
> Hello,

> Does anybody know how to include rtf in a report or how can I print a form
> that includes a Rich Text Box in vfp6.

> Would apprecciate any answer for I've been searching everywhere and
couldn't
> find it.

> Thanks,
> Walter

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Rich Text Format Printing
Thanks Ralph for your reply.
I found this article too, but what i'm looking for is a way to include rtf
in a report for what I have to print isn't only thertf contents, but also
the contents of diferent type of controls in the form. Is there a way to do
so?

Thanks,
Walter

Quote:
> I found this method to print a document from the Richtext control in the
> knowledge base.  You must add the commondialog control to your form for
this
> work.

> CommDlg1 ->Commondialog control
> Richtext      -> RichText control.

> cdlPDReturnDC=256
> cdlPDNoPageNums=8
> cdlPDSelection=1
> cdlPDAllPages=0

> Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = cdlPDReturnDC + cdlPDNoPageNums
> If Thisform.richtext.SelLength = 0
> Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags ;
> + cdlPDAllPages
> Else
> Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags ;
> + cdlPDSelection
> EndIf
> Thisform.CommDlg1.ShowPrinter
> Thisform.richtext.SelPrint(Thisform.CommDlg1.hDC)

> > Hello,

> > Does anybody know how to include rtf in a report or how can I print a
form
> > that includes a Rich Text Box in vfp6.

> > Would apprecciate any answer for I've been searching everywhere and
> couldn't
> > find it.

> > Thanks,
> > Walter

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Rich Text Format Printing
I am not sure if this is precisely what you want to do, but you can place
the content of the rtf file in a memo field in a table, and then you can
replace some of the content in the rft memo field with the values of the
controls bound to the form, before printing it.  For example, let's say that
you want to print the current client name displayed on the active form.  The
rtf file could be created with the word clientname embedded, and then you
can use strtran on the memo file to allow you to replace the word clientname
with the actual client name value on the form.  If that is not what you are
trying to do, then I know of no other way to do it.  You might want to look
at some 3rd party products.

Ralph

Quote:
> Thanks Ralph for your reply.
> I found this article too, but what i'm looking for is a way to include rtf
> in a report for what I have to print isn't only thertf contents, but also
> the contents of diferent type of controls in the form. Is there a way to
do
> so?

> Thanks,
> Walter

> > I found this method to print a document from the Richtext control in the
> > knowledge base.  You must add the commondialog control to your form for
> this
> > work.

> > CommDlg1 ->Commondialog control
> > Richtext      -> RichText control.

> > cdlPDReturnDC=256
> > cdlPDNoPageNums=8
> > cdlPDSelection=1
> > cdlPDAllPages=0

> > Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = cdlPDReturnDC + cdlPDNoPageNums
> > If Thisform.richtext.SelLength = 0
> > Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags ;
> > + cdlPDAllPages
> > Else
> > Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags ;
> > + cdlPDSelection
> > EndIf
> > Thisform.CommDlg1.ShowPrinter
> > Thisform.richtext.SelPrint(Thisform.CommDlg1.hDC)

> > > Hello,

> > > Does anybody know how to include rtf in a report or how can I print a
> form
> > > that includes a Rich Text Box in vfp6.

> > > Would apprecciate any answer for I've been searching everywhere and
> > couldn't
> > > find it.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Walter

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Rich Text Format Printing
Ralph, I have my rtf control bounded to a memo field in a table in the table
I have another, let's say 20 fields, that must be printed along with the rtf
control's content and they are all entered in a form. The reason I use a rtf
control is because some of the observations entered in the rtf must be
formated specially. But then again i can't print them as the user wrote them

Thanks,
Walter

Quote:
> I am not sure if this is precisely what you want to do, but you can place
> the content of the rtf file in a memo field in a table, and then you can
> replace some of the content in the rft memo field with the values of the
> controls bound to the form, before printing it.  For example, let's say
that
> you want to print the current client name displayed on the active form.
The
> rtf file could be created with the word clientname embedded, and then you
> can use strtran on the memo file to allow you to replace the word
clientname
> with the actual client name value on the form.  If that is not what you
are
> trying to do, then I know of no other way to do it.  You might want to
look
> at some 3rd party products.

> Ralph

> > Thanks Ralph for your reply.
> > I found this article too, but what i'm looking for is a way to include
rtf
> > in a report for what I have to print isn't only thertf contents, but
also
> > the contents of diferent type of controls in the form. Is there a way to
> do
> > so?

> > Thanks,
> > Walter

> > > I found this method to print a document from the Richtext control in
the
> > > knowledge base.  You must add the commondialog control to your form
for
> > this
> > > work.

> > > CommDlg1 ->Commondialog control
> > > Richtext      -> RichText control.

> > > cdlPDReturnDC=256
> > > cdlPDNoPageNums=8
> > > cdlPDSelection=1
> > > cdlPDAllPages=0

> > > Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = cdlPDReturnDC + cdlPDNoPageNums
> > > If Thisform.richtext.SelLength = 0
> > > Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags ;
> > > + cdlPDAllPages
> > > Else
> > > Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags = Thisform.CommDlg1.Flags ;
> > > + cdlPDSelection
> > > EndIf
> > > Thisform.CommDlg1.ShowPrinter
> > > Thisform.richtext.SelPrint(Thisform.CommDlg1.hDC)

> > form

> > > couldn't

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rich Text Format Printing Problem

2. Rich Text Format Print Problem

3. Printing Rich Text Format in VFP

4. Printing rich text format

5. How can I print a Rich Text Format?

6. Rich Text Nightmare (merging two rich text files)

7. Rich Text Format / WP style in Fox?

8. Rich Text Format etc.

9. Rich Text format

10. Rich text format

11. Need Help With (RTF) rich text format

12. Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes